We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walking distance

melbourne
Level Contributor
461 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
walking distance

Hi, im a little confused with the best ways to get around, we are staying in seminyak and want to be able to walk down to legian and kuta for shopping etc, but if it is hot and we want a taxi, which way does the road run, are we better getting a taxi right down to kuta and walking back, if we are at the bottom of kuta, can you taxi striaight back up to seminyak or do you go around the back to get there. We will have a stroller and two other kids with us, so will want to make it as stress free as possible in the heat.

Perth
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: walking distance

If your getting a cab dont stress just face the direction you are heading and stick your thumb out.. Driver will do the rest..

Day 1 - 3 I enjoy walking to see whats new after that $1 - $5 to save me 30 - 60 minutes on my feet - Great investment.

Word of warning, if you have a stroller maybe hail a cab from within a resort so they can pull off the road and not stress about the traffic.

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,898 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: walking distance

The streets of Seminyak, Legian and Kuta are not really stroller friendly. I would be getting a taxi from your accommodation to the area you want to shop in. You will find even using the stroller within a certain shopping area will be a challenge.

melbourne
Level Contributor
461 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: walking distance

thanks, great advice

Melbourne
Level Contributor
856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: walking distance

we have walked to kuta from legian and it is nearly an hour walk. Cab is about 28k. From Legian near Garlic lane to Seminyak bintang supermarket area is about a 25 minute walk. Like others have strollers ill be hard work. beach path would be the best option, but even then there are closed gates to climb over and go around.

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
315 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: walking distance

after being in bali begining of July with a 5 month old, use/take a carrier not a stroller, the pathways are not stroller friendly, the times i did take the stroller (cheap $25 from Big W) i walked dead smack in the middle of the road, i did hold up traffic more than once lol

we did take the stroller when we went out for dinner but we carried the stroller and the baby

we walked most nights between Seminyak and legian, and daytime legian to kuta, its a nice stroll, but if you do get tied just hail a cab :)

6. Re: walking distance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2013, 10:17