We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where and when to go to Bali

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Where and when to go to Bali

Three families are planning a trip to Bali - 6 adults and 9 kids ranging in ages from 12 to 18. We want to go sometime in the next 12 months and wondering when the best time of year to go in terms of cheapest to fly, less crowded, nice weather. We also would like to stay in a budget priced villa or resort. We have no idea what budget means in Bali so open to suggestions. An important criteria is that the accommodation is clean, comfortable, safe, and has the usual holiday style facilities. Also, suggestions for where to stay. Does not need to be central areas. We want to do tours to explore amazing parts of Bali - any suggestions? Length of stay will vary between 1 to 3 weeks. Thanking you in advance. Marie

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where and when to go to Bali

best time may to september. check euro hoidays to work out least crowded.

most people base themselves in the south (all facilities are there) and take day trips - kuta to seminyak.

cheapest flights - subscribe to jetstar/virgin to be notified of cheapest flights.

there are a lot of you so if staying in a hotel you will need to book fairly early to be sure you are all together.

most accommodation has what you want in terms of facilities.

cheapest way to go is a package deal - check with flightcentre fo starters.

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
356 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where and when to go to Bali

Marie- you are asking a lot in one post but my slant

1. I find the best time weatherwise from May to August but- do you need school holidays as that will sometimes increase the amount of people and accomodation availability. Hard to advise on cheapest flights as airlines tend to announce good deals at random and it will be also hard to swing 15 seats unless one person acts on behalf of all.

I would call budget for a family of 4 around $100 to $150 per night although you can get cheaper clean places with less "holiday style facilities'

I think I would post a seperate post asking for a villa complex to accomodate15.

Do you intend to do tours as a group? You state it doesn't need to be central but I have found that in a large group many like to wander off at times and do their own thing so being in town is more advantageous.

Melasti Beach Resort Legian comes to mind but I haven't stayed there for yyears. I have had friends stay at Ferbis South Kuta as they have family rooms. Good luck I hope I have provided you with a start.

Edited: 30 July 2012, 22:07
3. Re: Where and when to go to Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2012, 19:02
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where and when to go to Bali

Thank you for your replies people. Marie

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
14,194 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where and when to go to Bali

It depends what kind of weather you like. My family find that around July it is too cool for us. Last year we didn't even go swimming ( including 16 yr old) except for waterbom. In saying that we are from Perth and love the hot weather. My kids have always loved staying in the Sanur area as I do. Up around Lovina is lovely and you can get very good accomodation deals, go snorkelling , swimming with dolphins etc.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where and when to go to Bali

That's great, thanks for those suggestions. M

7. Re: Where and when to go to Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2013, 10:15