We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toddler food & snacks

Port Hedland...
5 posts
Save Topic
Toddler food & snacks

I have a 15 month old & would like to know whether I'd be able to take toddler food& snacks over to Bali? my daughter may be happy to eat whatever we are eating (balinese food) but just in case she doesn't then I'd like to be prepared. Also, does anyone know where you can buy toddler food from in Bali? Thanks :)

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Perth
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Toddler food & snacks

If they are still on Heinz canned foods, etc, definately take it over there - its so so so expensive in the stores to buy what my son liked at 15months. I took over the cans of Heinz little kids meals, and kept them on hand in case :) He however ended up eating whatever we were - garlic breads, pizzas, rice etc when we were eating out :)

My son had a thing for BBQ shapes, so we took some boxes over, so getting food is in no problem. When we leave, if its unopened, i would leave it at the hotel with a note saying thankyou, rather than try and bring it through Aust customs. (way too hard)

Port Hedland...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Toddler food & snacks

Thanks Tahlzy. Do you think things like packets of sultana's, toddler cereal bars, Rafferty's food pouches would still be okay? can you take over full cream milk or full cream milk sachets?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toddler food & snacks

you can take over whatever you like. I took all my baby food for a month including formula. Took tins of spaghetti, baby food pouches, weetbix, snacks. Can buy yoghurts, fresh fruit, biscuits etc over there. So much to choose from. Really is easy.

Port Hedland...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Toddler food & snacks

Fantastic! Thanks Ness. Where did you find best for food shopping? we will be staying at Ferbi's Hotel & Spa & they apparently have a 24 hour deli near by but am unsure as to what they sell.

Perth
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Toddler food & snacks

Def go into Kuta and go to the supermarket under Matahari :) :)

They have everything cheap, fresh and a large baby section. Or if you are down Seminyak way, go to the Bintang supermarket on the main road :) Same again!

Also with nappies, their Mama Poko ones are amazing - I would take home packs, - great quality - similiar to Huggies, and super cheap! Only nappies you will need are swimming nappies :)

Mentioned in this post
Bintang Supermarket Seminyak
Bintang Supermarket...
670 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Matahari Beach Resort & Spa
Matahari Beach Resort...
609 Reviews
Pemuteran, Indonesia
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Toddler food & snacks

i got all my stuff from Carrefour onJl Sunset. I love having a look there to see what is on offer. But as mentioned the supermarket under Mataharis is great and more convenient if you are at Febris. The mamy poko nappies are great, i just took huggies for night time use. Plan to do same next trip. I also take vegemite sachets as sometimes some toast is an easy breakfast, maybe even for lunch on a sandwich. My kids are fussy so would rather take some things to make life easier. The Galleria shopping centre on Jl Sunset also has a Hypermarket which is similar to carrefour and you can get everything you need there also.

Mentioned in this post
Febri's Hotel & Spa
Febri's Hotel & Spa
1,822 Reviews
Kuta, Indonesia
Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,017 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Toddler food & snacks

Take any of your chid's favourite foods with you. Anything that is in the shops in Bali is expensive as it is imported Baby formula is expensive. Carefour on sunset road a short drive from the febris has a large range of baby / toddler foods which are not as expensive as some of the imported brands. Apart from that the imported range is limited and does not have a high turn around so taking it from home will be 'fresher'

You can take all sorts of food into bali, even for yourself, just ensure you declare that you have food. Customs rarely checks.

Baby nappies, wet wipes, talc and clothing, shoes etc are all cheap so allow room in your suitcase for your shopping.

The small deli you are talking about near Febris is just across the street from the hotel, when I have stayed at the Febris I used to buy fresh milk and yoghurt from there for my youngest.

The Febris has a great choice at breakfast and the restaurant food is fresh and plenty of choice.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Febri's Hotel & Spa
Febri's Hotel & Spa
1,822 Reviews
Kuta, Indonesia
8. Re: Toddler food & snacks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 01:17