We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tirtagangga Water Palace

Perth
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tirtagangga Water Palace

Hello, has anyone been here and is it worth the trip? We are staying in Legian and thought it could be somewhere different to visit. Are there any other tourist things to see/do on the way there/back. Thanks so much

perth
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tirtagangga Water Palace

Tirtagangga is a wonderful place to visit if you like and appreciate nice gardens. It's very pretty and it's fun to walk across the ponds on the stepping stones. Lots of fish and you can swim in the fresh water pools there. There is a nice restaurant here or you could go into Candidasa for a look around and a nice lunch.

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
191 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tirtagangga Water Palace

On the wayback, you could stop at Pasir Putih, a beautiful white sand beach near Candidasa...or combine with any of the temples in the region (Besakih, Goa Lawah...)

Regards,

Bart

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tirtagangga Water Palace

Hi..

It is very beautiful and peaceful.

Some places you can see on the way:

Bat Cave temple, Tenganan village, White Beach at Prasi, Karang asem king palace.

Good Luck

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tirtagangga Water Palace

great place - quiet, rural, good views, water palace is fun, pool is icy cold and spring fed (take goggles as there are little critters living around the cracks of pool) , nice food, get a guide for a rice field walk with some local stories.

to add to 'see on the way list': in padangbai - blue lagoon, bias tugal (swim beach)

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
938 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tirtagangga Water Palace

Also visit the Water Palace at Ujung

tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g608484…

Perth
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Tirtagangga Water Palace

thanks everyone for your responses. i think we may add this to our every growing list.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
938 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tirtagangga Water Palace

White Sand Beach mentioned a couple of times in this thread is my favourite beach in Bali.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tirtagangga Water Palace

Tirtagangga is one of those special places Bali has to offer - its a must in my book. Also then head down to the Ajung Water Palace - slightly different but worth a visit.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tirtagangga Water Palace

I have just bought my Periplus Bali atlas, what a find! Having fun locating all these places.

If we are staying in Ubud, is a day trip to Tirtagangga, Candidasa and Padangbai too much? We would like to have a swim/snorkel, lunch somewhere overlooking the ocean .... not too hectic.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tirtagangga Water Palace

Not at all. Make sure you do Tenganan which is just outside Candidasa as well.