We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

top 5 things to do?

Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Topic
top 5 things to do?

going to Bali for my first time with my partner for 11 nights what are people's top five suggestions for things to do

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
295 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: top 5 things to do?

Depends on what you like . People of different ages like different things some people like to go out of the tourist area while others love to be right in the middle of it. More info is needed.

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: top 5 things to do?

If you enjoy massages then have many, or indulge in a day spa package their are several to suit all budgets.

It may help if you let us know the area/s you are staying in.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,765 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: top 5 things to do?

without knowing more about what you like it is hard to list a 'top 5'.

Take a look at our 'top questions about bali' on the right hand side of this page. We have a list of things to see and do plus all sorts of other helpful information for your first trip.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: top 5 things to do?

Have a great spa day

Talk to a local

Eat at an expensive restaurant

Take lots of photos

Book your next trip

Perth WA
Level Contributor
18 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: top 5 things to do?

Take a day trip to Ubud where there are quaint shops and art. The market has a bit of everything and is worth a wander through. You can see some lovely views of rice paddy fields and the local villages on your way there or back. Book a driver from your hotel. It shouldn't cost more than 400,000 rp which is now $40. Most drivers are very helpful and obliging but be careful that they don't take you to shops and places you don't want to go to. They get kickbacks from some of these places.

This is a nice days outing

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
264 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: top 5 things to do?

1. Have a massage a day... They range in price from a few Aussie dollars on the beach to whatever you want to pay in a luxurious day spa :)

2. Eat great, cheap food .... wether it be a local market (great one in Sanur), a warung, or tourist restaurant... eat where lots of others do,you will be amazed at the quality and the price :)

3. Try a top class restaurant, just because it is Bali and you can afford to :)

4. Talk with the locals... You may make an enduring friend like I have.... and no, our friendship is not based on what I can give her, she does not like gifts from me and got embarrassed at my first attempts at helping her out... I now just go and see her to catch up when I am there.....I buy a few things from her market stall sometimes, but only if she has something that I like....she is always happy to see me and we chat for hours about our lives :)

5. Escape the busy, tourist-centred south for a day or more....do a C-Bali tour... highly recommended on TA... I have done both the full day and 2 night tours.....loved every minute and fantastic value for money :) ... Or head up to Lovina for a few days... I love staying at Villa Agung..... cheap as chips and great accommodation with fantastic hosts. While there try snorkelling or diving at Menjanagan Island with Bali Spice Dive, I did this last trip and had a fantastic, great value day out.......will be doing it again :)

Busselton, Australia
Level Contributor
528 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: top 5 things to do?

A tour at least twice to places around Bali

Boogie bourding at kuta beach

Waterbom if you like water slides

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
356 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: top 5 things to do?

A bike ride for the day gives you so much for such a small price .

More than 5 things to cross off the list. I was in my late 50's snd not too fit.

* Picked up at hotel

* Breakfast overlooking Mt Batur and Lake Batur

*Visit to a school ( The owners father teaches at the school and Wayan sponsors an English teacher at the school)

*Visit to a garden where many trees and their fruits were explained. We saw coffee roasted and sampled a few types of coffee and chocolate.

*We passed through villages and were greeted with numerous “halos” and “ayos”. We stopped and had the various rice farming stages explained. We could stop at any time and take photos and often our wonderful guide would explain another aspect of Balinese life and culture. Stopped near a temple and were informed about ceremonies and family practices.

*And the best part was at the owners family compound for lunch. The lunch was delicious and was prepared by Wayans wife and family. We enjoyed every dish and I especially enjoyed a soya bean dish that was red in colour and tasted wonderful. I would take the bike trip just for the lunch.

Wayan Sujana of Bike Baik Tours can be contacted.

Phone:0361 978052

081338673852 ( 8.45 am – 9.30pm)

email: bikebaik@yahoo.com

Just Google baikbike or bali baik

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
324 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: top 5 things to do?

We visited Bali in June. Our first trip. We did so much and ate a ot of food.

Next trip, my 5 things will be

Rest

Sit by my villa pool

Drink Bintangs

Rest some more

Go eat somewhere nice

I'll add a 6th........... not make so many plans to "DO STUFF".

Its too nice a place to rush around, just enjoy yourself and be spontaneous.

:)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: top 5 things to do?

Just finishing 10 days in Bali. We started in Ubud (4 nights) then ended in the south on the beach. Highly highly recommend Ubud. Stay in one of the beautiful resorts in a village on the outskirts of town. Walk through rice field, maybe rent a bike. White water rafting was beautiful. We are in the south now and it's much harder t o get a real "feel" for Bali--though it's pretty.

Hope this helps.