We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bali tree top & cycling queries

Esperance, Australia
Level Contributor
133 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
bali tree top & cycling queries

Hi, Just wanting some info on Bali Tree Top adventures & cycling tours. We (famly of 6. (42,41,14,12,10 &6) are looking at these for our family holiday in January 2013. We are thinking of doing these 2 tours on separate days. Is the route to get to these tours the same or can you take different ways just to cover more scenery etc? Also with the Tree Top, from what I have read so far there doesn't appear to be any decent restaurants nearby, is this correct? How long would we be looking at staying there, is it a whole day like waterbom or just a couple of hours? With the Tree Top tour we will take our own driver, are there any other well worth seeing sights to see on the way back to Kuta. Have been looking at all the well reviewed cycling tours and can't really decide. Just wondering if anyone can help with regards to bikes for my 6 yr old, she can ride but i don't know about coasting with hand brakes for an extended time. Do any of the tours have tandem bikes? Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Bali Safest Driver
Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Bali Golden Tour
Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, City Tours, Shopping Tours
Good Bali Driver
Cultural Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Bali Sun Tours
Private Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Cultural Tours
Perth
Level Contributor
433 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bali tree top & cycling queries

The tree-top adventure park would be a half day activity IMHO. The drive up can take awhile so an early start is a good idea.

The route we took was different for the two.

There are several restaurants in the vicinity of the tree-top, but not right there as its in the botanical gardens. Nice spot for a picnic though if you're that way inclined. As mentioned, there are restaurants not too far away, including a few which have views over the lake.

The bike riding is good, but I think would be too challenging for my 6 year old. Most of it is downhill so there is a lot of extended coasting...

Good luck and have fun.

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
8,036 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bali tree top & cycling queries

Treetop Adventure Park in at the Bedugul Botanical Gardens. Allow 2.5 hr to do the circuits. After that go to Lake Bratan area for lunch. Visit Ulun Danu Temple on the lake, browse through the Bedugul markets, go to the Strawberry shop. If you want a full day tour continue on to Alas Kedaton Monkey Forest and then onto Tanah Lot for sunset.

Darwin
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bali tree top & cycling queries

We recently went to Tree Top Adventures and it took about 1.5 hr from Ubud so from Kuta it would be even further and really would be a whole day, without having to get up at the crack of dawn. There are restaurants in the town/village before which is known for strawberries. We went to one and had strawberry shakes, strawberry nasi goreng, strawberry cake etc - it was different. The botanic gardens were very very nice (and I'm not into gardens).

My 9 year old did the biking and although she is three years older is not at all confident on a bike and has only really learnt to ride over the last 6 months (bad mother!). Whilst the ride was down hill it certainly wasn't steep downhill and she coasted at a slow rate enough for her to be in control and without having to have her hands on the brakes the entire time. The bike company that we went through Bali Baik Bike had tandems (2 of them) and also smaller bikes. I am sure others do too.

Hope this helps

Lou

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
374 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: bali tree top & cycling queries

Yer I want to go to the tree top walk and I figure I need a driver to get me there and then maybe go to the Monkey forest afterwards??

Is that a good idea?

Oh I see fameNsw has stated that idea with a bit more lol I love it so that will be our plan :)

Esperance, Australia
Level Contributor
133 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bali tree top & cycling queries

Thank you for your replies. Strawberries yum!!!!!!! Will have to take a look there.

6. Re: bali tree top & cycling queries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 14:16