We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jimbaran, Sanur, Uluwat or Nusa Dua

London
Level Contributor
194 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Jimbaran, Sanur, Uluwat or Nusa Dua

We plan on staying in one of the above for a couple of nights before moving on to Ubud but have never visited and would appreciate some insight. Me and my partner are early thirties, like quiet and picturesque surroundings within reach of some relatively busy city of some description. A reasonable hike into town isn't a problem. We're not big on beaches or night life.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jimbaran, Sanur, Uluwat or Nusa Dua

All the areas you have listed are on the beach!!

Depending on your budget I would look at Ayana at Jimbaren, the resort is on a cliff with fabulous views, a rock bar for cocktails, picturesque surroundings all 5 star..

or our favourite spot is Sanur we stay at the Hyatt every time.

The gardens are well established, very old charming bali, its not 5 star, a little tired in areas but we love staying here, its on the beach which we love to walk past, sit have coctails to look out over the ocean, with the islands and colourful boats all lined up, flat paths for riding a push bike around Sanur, its a charming area, with shops, spas, lots of choices/variety to eat out on any budget.

Sanur is a great base for day trips to other areas in Bali.

London
Level Contributor
194 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jimbaran, Sanur, Uluwat or Nusa Dua

Sanur sounds like a good bet. I'm sorry but I don't think I was clear in my original post. We don't mind the beach, I'll happily go for a swim and a walk along a beach but we're not the type of couple that consider it essential to hang out there all day. So long as there are other things around for us to do then being on the beach is fine. Budget isn't a huge issue, we're looking at mid-range. The Hyatt looks good. Thanks for your advice.

3. Re: Jimbaran, Sanur, Uluwat or Nusa Dua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 23:17