We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Penneshaw, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay?

Wanting to stay on the North/East coast of Bali. Somewhere that has a white-sand beach, palm trees and preferably really nice accommodation for a special weekend?

Australia
Level Contributor
616 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

Have you been to Bali before ?....white sand & palm trees are a rarity (on NE Coast) . Lots of black sand.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,100 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

Hmmm, not sure if that is possible, ie white sand beach, palm trees and nice accommodation.

You can get close to that, but I don't think you can tick all three boxes in one location.

Look at perhaps staying in Candidasa (has great accommodation choices) and then spending some time at 'the white sandy beach' just north of CD, ie 20 minutes by road...or staying in Jasri (again 20 minutes approx. north of CD)..has some nice accommodation, palm trees on the beach, but unfortunately, it is a rocky bottom, not sand, but has some good surf occasionally...or Amed, some nice accommodation and a great spot if you like snorkelling....though no white sandy beaches, that I am aware of.

Penneshaw, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?

I have been to Bali a few times but haven't really travelled far from Kuta. I was looking at Candidasa - what's your thoughts on this location Sue? Or would you suggest Amed better? Thank you

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,100 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay?

Hello Marquin, can you whistle? Haha, it looks like screen goddess' night out.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,549 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay?

The screen sirens are correct; I think we all know exactly what you're looking for, but you won't find it on the North or East coast. If it did exist, it would be probably over-developed by now anyway. I would seriously consider somewhere like Lombok which may tick your boxes more.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,100 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay?

Kelly, I am a bit of Candidasa lover, so I admit, I am biased. Of the two, (Amed and Candidasa), CD has the most options when it comes to accommodation, shopping, restaurants and nightlife. Amed is wonderful if you are a keen snorkeller and prefer a quieter lcoation. CD is not exactly jumping, but it does have a small pub with great local bands who play, a number of bars, a new jazz cafe and is in a good position to go touring elsewhere.

You can also go snorkelling from CD - near some smaller off-shore islands, also down at Padangbai's Bloo Lagoon (around 20 minutes by road) or again at the white sandy beach.

Penneshaw, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay?

Awesome! Thanks Sue, I think you've convinced me :)

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,100 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay?

Have fun finding somewhere wonderful to stay...there are some beautiful villas etc....so take your time and come back on here when you have narrowed it down and get any feedback on them, especially if you cannot find reviews.

Enjoy.

9. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 September 2012, 07:35
10. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2013, 10:16