We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family of four going back to Bali - Indonesia

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
family of four going back to Bali - Indonesia

Hi we are a family of four (two teenagers 15 and 18) wanting to go back to Bali for three weeks- we have done the Kuta/Legian thing, we at the Puri Raja and enjoyed it but are thinking we would like do something different this time - looking at going to Gili Trawangan - our daughter is keen to learn to dive and our son loves to snorkel and surf -we'd love to hear from other people where on Gili T would be good to stay - we have reading about Lombok and the Kuta Lombok and also Ubud we had a day visit there. We would be interested to get some feedback on these places and where to stay and what to do.

Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
1,285 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: family of four going back to Bali - Indonesia

Hi Robyn33,

We also travel with children, a little bit younger than yours, but anyway it will be fine for you to have family accommodation.

On Gili T we will stay at the quieter northern part, at Alam Gili, in the two bedroom Fish Suite.

But first we start in Ubud at Villa Agung Khalia, will do the Bahama rafting there, and the cycling tour with Jegeg Cycling. And also the villa offers walks through the ricefields and villages with the staff.

After Gili T we will go to Sawah Indah Villa in Sidemen, they have a family room.

Then we will go to some friends who have a house on Bali, later we spend three nights in Seminyak, Villa blubambu, and four nights in the south, at Lullaby Bungalows.

We stayed several times on Bali, so if you need 2bedroom accommodations in other places, do not hesitate to contact me.

Hope this helps you a bit,

Sylvia

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: family of four going back to Bali - Indonesia

Hi Sylvia - have you stayed at the Gilis before and where are the Lullaby Bungalows located? regards Robyn

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
537 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: family of four going back to Bali - Indonesia

I have never been to the gilis but we went with our kids to Nusa Lembongan this year and that was great. My son had just done his dive course so we did some diving & snorkeling with our daughter. We used a charter & they were awesome. The sights we saw there were so much better then anything I've ever seen in Australia! Can't wait to go again.

Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
1,285 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: family of four going back to Bali - Indonesia

Hi Robyn,

No, it will be our first time to the Gilis!

The southern part f Gili T is busier, more for nightlife and party, so we hope we chose the right spot on the quieter northern end, but still the south is reachable.

And Lullaby bungalows is in Padang Padang, on the Bukit Peninsular, close to Uluwatu and Jimbaran. They have a map of the location on their website.

Hope this helps you, have a nice weekend,

Sylvia

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: family of four going back to Bali - Indonesia

Hi thanks so much for this - where did you stay and how long for - thanks Robyn

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: family of four going back to Bali - Indonesia

Hi Sylvia thanks for that - we are thinking of going as I mentioned before to Kuta in Lombok do you know of 2 bedroom accommodaton there?or around there? Thanks for the info re Gili T I will have a look at the website for alam gili - will you catch the fastboat or fly?

Regards Robyn

Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
1,285 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: family of four going back to Bali - Indonesia

Hi Robyn,

We only go to the Gili's, so we take the boat from Padangbai (Gilicat or Blue water express). But on the website of Alam Gili you see, that they can take you also by boat to Lombok.

So, you can take the fastboat to Gili T, stay there at Alam Gili and ask them to take you by private boat to Lombok.

Lombok-Bali you can fly, for example with Lion Air.

Have not been to Kuta Lombok before, sorry, but I saw earlier Sempiak Villas, it is in a quiet area, very good reviews. They can arrange a pick up by car from the harbour where Alam Gili can bring you (Teluk Nara).

I Will have a look at the Lombok map and come back to you later.

Kind regards, Sylvia

Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
1,285 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: family of four going back to Bali - Indonesia

Hi Robyn,

Sempiak Villas is not very far from Kuta, but it is on a quiet beach.

I'm not sure whether it will be too quiet for your teenagers.

We normally stay 3/4 days in every place and then we move further.

We love the different landscapes, after Gili T we go to Sidemen, totally different area. So you have several short holidays in one, in our experience.

If you decide to go to Lullaby's, the bungalows are quite close to each other, they don't have family villas. Also have a look at Finn's Beach Club, not far from there, looks awesome!

I don't know whether you already decided to stay also in or around Ubud, but the Bali Tree Top park is also fun for all ages. It is situated in the Botanical gardens of Bedugul, north of Ubud. You can do this as a daytrip and visit also Ulun Danu Bratan temple, Candi Kuning markets and so on.

Sylvia

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: family of four going back to Bali - Indonesia

Hi Sylvia - thanks for all the information - I will have a look at all your suggestions - thanks so much

Regards Robyn

10. Re: family of four going back to Bali - Indonesia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2013, 10:16