We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interconnecting rooms - hotels won't guarantee!

Perth
Level Contributor
55 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Interconnecting rooms - hotels won't guarantee!

Any suggestions about what to do when a hotel says they will not guarantee interconnecting rooms when you have booked two rooms because you have kids? There are only a limited number of hotels with rooms that can accomodate a family of 4 (with some privacy and within a reasonable budget). I find this so frustrating!

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Interconnecting rooms - hotels won't guarantee!

Unfortunately many hotels in Bali do this. my suggestion is to book a hotel that will guarantee connecting rooms.

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,322 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Interconnecting rooms - hotels won't guarantee!

Hi Barberton, what area do you want to stay in?

Perth
Level Contributor
387 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Interconnecting rooms - hotels won't guarantee!

Yes, this year my son is 14, so too old for family rooms.

We are staying at Grand Hyatt, Bali Garden and Padma and have requested interconnecting rooms for all.

No guarantees for all, but padma is family chalet, so should be ok there.

If worse comes to worse and we are not connecting, I will sleep with the 2 girls and son with go with hubby.

No biggie for me, at least I will not have to listen to the snoring for a couple of weeks LOL

Perth
Level Contributor
55 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Interconnecting rooms - hotels won't guarantee!

I am trying to stay in Sanur.

Perth
Level Contributor
55 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Interconnecting rooms - hotels won't guarantee!

Twinmacs, I wish I could be as relaxed as you about not interconnecting, but my girls are still little and it is a holiday after all;)

The resorts with family rooms book out quickly or are a bit too tacky for my liking. I think I will have to start considering villas, which I didn't want to do because I didn't want to have to go out for every single meal and most I have looked at are very $$$. But when you consider the cost of paying for 2 rooms at a resort, I suppose it all washes out even?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Interconnecting rooms - hotels won't guarantee!

Have a look at the following villas in Sanur. Great location nestled behind the Griya Santrian hotel and under $250 per night.

Dream Haven Villa

Bali Sanur Beach Villas (not to be confused with Sanur Beach Villas, you have to have the word Bali in front)

Ravens Nest Villa.

cheers,

Kate

Perth
Level Contributor
387 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Interconnecting rooms - hotels won't guarantee!

Barberton, yes it helps with mine being 10, 11 & 14

Have you looked at the bali hyatt in sanur.

We stayed there last year and had connecting rooms. They actually have an outer door on the walkway that you can shut (and lock of course) then you keep both room doors open. You walk out of one room onto your only little foyer then walk into the next room.

Hyatt give a 50% discount for second room for kids.... but we found it cheaper to go through a travel agent rather than the hotel itself

Oh and time away from snoring, yep that is a holiday to me LOL

Perth
Level Contributor
55 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Interconnecting rooms - hotels won't guarantee!

KateC - thank you! I'm onto it.

Perth
Level Contributor
339 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Interconnecting rooms - hotels won't guarantee!

Barberton I have used the approach " we really want to stay with you but if you are unable to guarantee interconnecting rooms, we will have to stay elsewhere". On a number of occassions the hotel has then guaranteed the rooms. The Hyatt in Sanur was one of them.

Good luck!

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
789 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Interconnecting rooms - hotels won't guarantee!

Have you tried the Besakih in Sanur, beachftont and they are usually very good at giving you the room that you need - 246 and 248 on the ground floor of the hotel block are interconnecting and there is at least one other pair that are as well.