We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Start....Considering a Villa, Help Please

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
508 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Where to Start....Considering a Villa, Help Please

Im still sussing out places to stay possibly in June or July 2013, and decided after our last visit to Bali a couple of weeks ago that i would try and do all the booking etc myself. Like i said, im just doing my homework at the moment until funds let me do otherwise :).

We stayed at the Plaza Suites, and absolutely loved the 3 bedroom apartment we stayed in, so I'm trying to find somewhere closer to the beach, either in Legian or Sanur, but after emailing a few hotels, finding an apartment setup like we had at a reasonable price is becoming a headache. We are a family of 2 adults, 15,14 and 4 year old.

So, I'm considering maybe a Villa, but have never ever stayed in one. How are the Villas set up? Do you have to cook,clean etc for yourself? I imagine they are self contained?

Cost would be no more than $200/night, preferably 3 bedroom, with a pool.

Can someone please give me a better insight, and possibly some suggestions, I'd really, really appreciate it. New to the self booking thing also :))

Thankyou

Edited: 15 September 2012, 14:00
Australia
Level Contributor
616 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Start....Considering a Villa, Help Please

Self booking is the only way to go ! Its so easy & if you get onto a Villa , you will find "most" owners answer your email promptly.Mosy villas include breakfast cooked for you, staff will arrive in the morning (time you ask) cook you a wonderful brekkie, then clean up dishes ect.....then maybe they might come back in arvo or late morn and tidy up villa, make beds ect. its fabulous.

Have stayed "Umah Maya" Villa Seminyak , google & take a look , just one example (one of ...... t h o u s a n d s......hahahhha good luck !)

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
98 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Start....Considering a Villa, Help Please

I have stayed at The Lazy Dog in Sanur a few times. Just lovely.

http://www.thelazydogvilla.com/ Comes with maid, gardener/driver and car. Australian guy owns it

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
394 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to Start....Considering a Villa, Help Please

Hi Thumper, in Sanur i stay at Emerald Villas, i will be staying there in November for the 6th time, i use booking .com or i email them directly, depends on the cheapest price.

At Emerald, you can get a1,2,3 or 4 bedroom villas with your own pool, maid, a full kitchen, tv, dvd, each bedroom has its own ensuite.

The maid comes in and cleans and also does your washing for you, she will also go to the shops for you if you want, ( i've never asked her to do that), and if you buy the food she will even cook you an authentic meal!!

Australia
Level Contributor
914 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to Start....Considering a Villa, Help Please

Can't see you getting a decent 3 bed villa with pool for that price sorry

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
508 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to Start....Considering a Villa, Help Please

Thankyou for the suggestions so far, keep them coming :))

Oxley, Australia
Level Contributor
192 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to Start....Considering a Villa, Help Please

Have had friends stay here in Sanur & they enjoyed. I walked past on our last trip & I think it's a great location

www.flipkey.com/sanur-villa-rentals/p323868/

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
479 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to Start....Considering a Villa, Help Please

You will definitely get a villa for that price it may just not be 'luxury' or have meals cooked for you.

Look at going outside of the high season and there may be a discount for a certain amount of nights.

Oasis villas Sanur (balivillassanur.com ) are ~$750 for 9 nights, communal pool (among 4 villas) I know there's def 2 bedroom, may be a 3 bedroom one. Otherwise look at 2 bedroom girls can share!

So that's always an option and we can let you know how it is at the end of Feb!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to Start....Considering a Villa, Help Please

under $200 Ravens Nest Villa. just over $200 Bali Sanur Beach Villas (type exactly in search engine as there is another property called Sanur beach Villas) both located in the same area 2 minutes walk to the beach nestled behind The Griya Santrian Hotel.

Kate

9. Re: Where to Start....Considering a Villa, Help Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2013, 10:17