We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JBR lombok

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
JBR lombok

hi

just back from three weeks in Lombok. great place. nice people, beautiful coastline, great surf, heaps of fun, adventure! what more could you want!!!!!

further details on link below:

…blogspot.com.au/2012/09/indonesia-lombok-20…

RT

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,211 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JBR lombok

Link doesn't work RT :(

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JBR lombok

thanks sue

…blogspot.com.au/2012/09/indonesia-lombok-20…

adding another surf video later. found much better/bigger wave footage on camera that i neglected to upload to my pc.

Cabarita Beach...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JBR lombok

Thanks for sharing your jbr, the scenery looks lovely. Glad to see Lombok still looks pretty much untouched as it did when I was last there in '96. Hey rockterrigal, I guess you would of probably surfed Kuta in Lombok, what's it like & where would you recommend to stay that is in walking distance to surf & restaurants?

Cheers, Nelly

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,946 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JBR lombok

sounds like another great adventure for you! I enjoyed Lombok and want to include it again on a future trip.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,734 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JBR lombok

Looks like you had a great time in Lombok,thanks for the clips.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
5,041 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JBR lombok

Lombok looks great,We may also include it in our next trip

Cheers

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JBR lombok

heading over to Lombok in 2 weeks, we are very excited to be visiting for our first time.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Lombok
Level Contributor
3,085 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: JBR lombok

Ekas is a great spot if you are looking for a surfing holiday. I've got friends who have been going to Heaven on the Planet for many years and just love it. Glad you had a great trip :)

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,211 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: JBR lombok

Thanks once a gain RT...another great trip had by you and some wonderful photos and movies for us to watch.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: JBR lombok

thanks for the great feedback guys and girls. it was great in lombok. so much fun!!

letme holiday - i haven't been to kuta lombok for a while so i really can't recommend stays. the surf is still there but from feedback from guys in the water it sems gurupu was the major break but was also crowded. this has probably improved since the end of the eurp holidays as most surfers there seem to be from europe. also the winds are SE which is onshore to a number of breaks in the area but this will change with the wet season.

there is no actual surf in walking distance of kuta though there is a wave close to the novotel which is 3 kms out of town.

best to try a few websites like magic seawed to get the latest on surf conditions. hotp will still be off shore till october.