We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current rate

10 posts
Save Topic
Current rate

Hi all 2nd visit to Bali with the kids Leaving in 10 days(miss 14 a little nervouse) i can't wait,we are taking cash for spending, can anyone tell me what the current exchange rate at the kodak exchange stores is.would you get a better rate changing at the bank at legian. Thanks

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current rate

Just stick with the larger licenced dealers, of the banks Mandiri normally has the better rates.

http://www.balibestrate.com/dmoneychanger.php

bankmandiri.co.id/english/resource/kurs.asp…

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current rate

About 9,750 for A$1 from the licensed dealers like Western Union etc.

Avoid those on the streets offering better rates as they will rip you off. One had a crack at me a few months ago and wouldn't complete the transaction when he realised I was on to him so I don't bother with those any more.

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current rate

What was the trick they try to do ?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Current rate

They will generally show you how much they are going to give you on a calculator and that will be ok but then they count the notes out in bundles of 10 but one bundle will disappear under the counter. You have to be pretty quick to see it happen so I took all the money and counted it back to him, hey presto one bundle missing.

He counts it out again and pulls the same trick so I start to count it back to him and he throws my $100 back at me and the deals off. That was my one and only experience with the street dealers.

A lot of people would put the cash straight in the wallet and wouldn't even realise they'd been conned.

bali
Level Contributor
35 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Current rate

mybest suggestion is for money change is

1. Bali Maspintjinra Seminyak

Located right in front of Bintang Supermarket, next door of the Restaurant.

for your reffrence exchange rate http://www.balimaspintjinra.com/

2. Central Kuta Money Change

Located accross Majapahit street, Kuta

for your reffrence exchange rate http://www.centralkutabali.com/

those 2 Money Change are the most reliable and always give good rate

rgds

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Current rate

Good posting UTOMO-9, no doubt many forum users will be assisted by that information :)

Perth, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Current rate

is there a money changer at the airport as I wold like to change some before we head to our hotel ?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
583 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Current rate

There are 3littlewinks. There is further money changing info to be read to the right hand side of forum, under top questions, very helpful information there. :)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Current rate

There are also atm's near the baggage carousel before you get to customs. First time I've noticed them!

bali
Level Contributor
35 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Current rate

well ...those 2 are the best, according my opinion and my client testimony :)