We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I organise a visit to a school in Bali?

Melbourne, Australia
4 posts
Save Topic
How do I organise a visit to a school in Bali?

Hi

Im heading into Bali in December with a group of teachers. We are really keen to visit a primary or secondary school.

Do I organise the visit before I get to Bali?How do I do this?

How do I know what schoos there are, and how to contact them?

We are interested in visiting a school near Kuta and/or Nusa Dua.

Thanks for your help :)

J H
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do I organise a visit to a school in Bali?

Hi Ill be watching this one. Would love to go with the family and try to arrange something. Perhpas arrange some supplies?

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do I organise a visit to a school in Bali?

I can assist a group of teachers in Lombok if that is of any interest.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do I organise a visit to a school in Bali?

If a group of teachers, you should organise a visit through proper channels. Most schools will be happy you show you around. I do question why other visitors think it is ok to turn up with families. No school in Australia would allow this.

Please think about your real motives and if you would be happy for ordinary families to turn up at your child's school for a good gawk.

Perth Western...
Level Contributor
882 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do I organise a visit to a school in Bali?

Check out this site http://www.balischoolkids.org/ we actually sponsor a schoolchild from one of there schools ( so cheap $135 per year and it covers everything inc books, uniform, school bag, 2 sets of shoes etc) they do have a few they look after. sat is the day they would prefer visits as not to disrupt the childrens work day too much & remember in Bali they go to school 6 days a week. the children love visitors & it was the highlight of my 2 girls holiday & will definately being back on our next holiday in Jan...

Checiny, Poland
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How do I organise a visit to a school in Bali?

if u will visit some school, better u visit inland/ village school, not in the city school like kuta, nusadua or denpasar area, just because I think they got enough and better supplies and education, not like school in the village

Perth Western...
Level Contributor
882 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How do I organise a visit to a school in Bali?

I have to agree with Bali O, the school we sponsor our child from is in Karangasem & the reason we picked this school is because it is a lot further away they don't get as many sponsors or visitors...But we made a decision as a family that we have no problem taking a day out of our holiday to visit and help out if it gives something back to these wonderful children...

south australia
Level Contributor
53 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How do I organise a visit to a school in Bali?

You must sign up to the rotary club of Swan valleys Bali school kids project. I am also a teacher and have visited my sponsor child's school previously. As they suggest you do it when u visit Bali! It was a great experience!

Edited: 23 October 2012, 05:13
south australia
Level Contributor
53 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How do I organise a visit to a school in Bali?

PYou must sign up to the rotary club of Swan valleys Bali school kids project I am also a teacher and have visitors my sponsors child's school previously. As they suggest you do it when u visit Bali!

Perth
Level Contributor
433 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How do I organise a visit to a school in Bali?

I'm kinda with Linda on this one.

Please understand I mean no disrespect and am sure that people just want to help, but these are schools - not petting zoos.

You couldn't just show up, hand out some trinkets, and disrupt the learning environment anywhere else so why would you think you could do this in Bali?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
479 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How do I organise a visit to a school in Bali?

I'm unsure about how to organise a visit but do agree to go through the proper channels. Showing up and gawking is one thing, and most people I'm sure would not be doing this intentionally. However if organised properly as a professional, educational and cultural experience I'm sure it would be received as such.

I'm an OT and have spent time in both government and NGO schools for kids w disabilities in Borneo. It was a fabulous learning experience for me and in turn the schools were able to gain from my knowledge, win win.