We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Bali???

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
120 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Bali???

Hi~

We are 3 women in our 40's coming to Bali for New Years time. What part of Bali would be best? We are interested in relaxation, exploration of the local culture, but also some nightlife. Just not crazy clubs filled with 20 year olds! Please advise. Thanks!

Brisbane
Level Contributor
408 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Bali???

Hi there. A great place for relaxation and exploration of the local culture is Ubud, about an hour north of the airport, sometimes more with the traffic. Ubud has great shopping and some fantastic restaurants and bars. another place which is great is sanur on the eastern side of the island. again some great bars. its on a calm beach. Seminyak is just past Kuta and the airport, and it caters to a more "hip" crowd with boutique shopping, and funky beach clubs for cocktails on the beach at sunset. if I was with a group of 40somethings, I would stay here and in Ubud.

when you decide on an area come back to us with an idea of how much you would like to spend on accommodation and we can help you out with some suggestions for hotels. do remember that at that time of the year accommodation is at its dearest and some places are booked months in advance. other hotels will charge s compulsory nye dinner fee.

Edited: 23 October 2012, 10:04
Waiheke Island, New...
Level Contributor
77 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Bali???

Renting a villa is the best way if you have a week or more and Seminyak and Kerobokan has all sorts and you can choose how you spend your time from shopping to entertainment or just chilli g by the pool with massages its a more convenient base ... Airbnb has some nice villas on their site at more reasonable rates.

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Bali???

I would stay in Ubud ( doing that myself then).

With the 3 of you you could rent a villa with private pool. www.flipkey.com has them in all price categories.

4. Re: Where to stay in Bali???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2013, 10:17