We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight help if you can

Sydney
Level Contributor
428 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Flight help if you can

We have just returned from our 3rd trip yesterday and I'm already looking at flights for our next trip in May 2013. I would like to fly again with Garuda as their service was fantastic, just checked webjet and flights are around $800 return from Sydney for Garuda. I know this is a difficult question, but as there are lots of experts on this forum, does anyone know if I should book now or wait until a sale, but when would that be? We paid $900 return for this last trip, but last year I only paid $600.

Edited: 30 October 2012, 11:30
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight help if you can

Hi there,

you should go on Garuda's direct website and check that out ! We have already booked flights for March, 2013 - girls trip (booked end of Aug ) AND June, 2013 - family trip (booked mid September ) as we found such great prices , thought no point in waiting round for another sale..... Direct flights and return from Melb $494 each !!! Very Excited....

Also , we booked them as 1 way flights and it worked out heaps cheaper !

So go on there and have a play around with dates , being flexible with dates helps finding cheaper flights too .... goodluck

Sydney
Level Contributor
428 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight help if you can

Thanks chefJODS, $494 each return from Melbourne thats half the price from Sydney wow! I now remember others on this forum talking about booking 1 way flights. Is there only one Garuda site? I recall someone talking about Garuda.com and Garuda.com.au? I'll have to have a play around as we are flexible with our dates. Thanks again

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
130 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight help if you can

I think people usually post on here when they find flights on sale. We got flights from Bali to Perth for $494 for the four of us, managed to just fluke it one weekend in April for our trip at Xmas

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight help if you can

Hi , me again...... I just had a quick look at Garuda and there are some good prices from Sydney for May 2013 , Syd - Denpasar $ 354.60

Denpasar - Syd $ 190.80 US . The depart in Aust dollar , return is in US dollar. I just type in Garuda and site comes up instantly !

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight help if you can

Wow, that's a great price, chefJODS!

DPS-SYD for less than USD200? Even Air Asia is more expensive!

Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
250 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight help if you can

Just be careful before you click the last button and check the pricing, we thought we had a cheap flight with Garuda and it is not until you reach the payment page that it shows the true figure with all the taxes added in no cheaper than LC airlines. Hence we didn't go ahead.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
615 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight help if you can

Hi chefJODS I am also travelling to Bali in May but can't find those cheap fares from Sydney either way can you give any more info? Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight help if you can

Hi those prices , were from the Garuda website when I checked last night...were only on certain dates though ! Depart was around the 15th I think and return flight was on 30th May.

Try the one-way option AND also flexible with dates , then it brings up a whole week and you can see different prices. If you can be flexible with dates you should be able to find. This is how I booked my flights for 2013, if you see a great price though , don't mess around deciding as prices can change very quickly ...by hour or day if those seats sell.

CHEERS

Sydney
Level Contributor
428 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flight help if you can

Thanks chefJODS,

I also had a look last night and saw the $364.50 fare (I'm sure that included all taxes- I'll have to double check), unfortunatey we have to be home mid may so can't take up the $190 fare. Thanks for your assistance.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Flight help if you can

Hey , LinandLes , thought you might like to know that $190 fare is available on Mon 13 and Thurs 16 !! You just had to scroll down the page past the expensive fares ..... goodluck hunting