We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi from airport to Sanur

North Wales
Level Contributor
271 posts
Save Topic
taxi from airport to Sanur

My hotel in Sanur has quoted me 150,000 Rup, for a taxi from the airport. Is this reasonable? Judging by the wording in the e-mail I am guessing that they would rather not do it.

Are taxis readily available and safe to be had at the airport,

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,297 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi from airport to Sanur

Taxis are readily available at the airport and will cost you Rp 95,000 to Sanur.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,436 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi from airport to Sanur

Just get a taxi at the airport, it is a lot cheaper.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,754 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi from airport to Sanur

the taxis at the airport are 'set' price. As already mentioned it is 95,000rp to sanur. You can exchange some money at the airport money changers, (the rate is only a small difference compared to the money changers on the street). Once you pass the money changers and exit the airport door just turn right and you will soon see the taxi booking counter. Pre pay here and you will be allocated a driver.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi from airport to Sanur

At the window of the taxi counter you will see a laminated note saying that you have to pay your driver, not the booth.

However, I have seen the taxi counter taking money.

If the person at the taxi counter tells you to pay the driver make sure they are clear on what the price will be before you get in the car. It is a fixed price and to Sanur should be 95.000 as Sooky mentioned. You can also pay the meter price if you prefer.

Edited: 01 November 2012, 08:29
Sydney
Level Contributor
426 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi from airport to Sanur

I've never had to pay the driver directly, I've always paid at the counter and then given a voucher and allocated a driver.

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,754 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi from airport to Sanur

it is prepaid at the counter. The prices are advertised on the board inside the booking office. There is no paying the driver or negotiating a price.

There are however some drivers (not official taxis) close to the exit who will offer you transport at rather inflated prices. Go directly to the booking counter and pay the advertised 95,000rp.

North Wales
Level Contributor
271 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi from airport to Sanur

great advice, thanks to all.

Singapore
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi from airport to Sanur

i paid 65k for sanur to airport

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: taxi from airport to Sanur

Yes, to make it all more confusing they clearly state at the counter that payment is made direct to the driver although this doesn't necessarily happen.

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,754 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: taxi from airport to Sanur

It is cheaper to get to the airport from Sanur. The price from the airport is slightly higher and these set prices cover drop off to all areas within sanur and the fees charged for the drivers to enter the airport. You will often find when you pay someone to take you to the airport you pay a fee to cover the drivers costs to enter the airport.