We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last Holiday to Bali Thank Goodness

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Last Holiday to Bali Thank Goodness

I would like thank everyone for there great posts, I have been to Bali dozens of times and still learn new things which then enables me to see new things.

I have finally decided to up stumps in Oz and spend many relaxing years in what was my second home.

I will go for walks in rice fields in Ubud, go to cooking classes, have afternoons talking with friends on the beach, read a book or 2, go sailing, play some tennis, learn to make offering trays( there is a real art to that ), get a tan, learn to surf, not put on too much weight, ( well try not to ) have massages, go to the early morning markets, ( fresh is best ) just sit and watch the world go buy, have fun with my new kitten ( I was given one by my Bali friends a couple weeks ago for my birthday ) find a good cafe that sells hot chocolate ( don't drink coffee ), learn to have patience at the immigration office, and anything else that takes my fancy. I'm lucky at 49 years old I hope to have many many more years ahead in what I can now call my HOME.

Wishing everyone safe travels whenever and wherever you go, maybe will see some of you on the streets of Bali, look out for the very relaxed Girl from Oz with the biggest smile on her face.

Louise

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last Holiday to Bali Thank Goodness

Wow, Lou B great move! I hope you have the best adventures in your new life on The Island of the Gods :)

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
6,426 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last Holiday to Bali Thank Goodness

Lucky you!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last Holiday to Bali Thank Goodness

That sounds like a wonderful dream, enjoy your new home :)

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last Holiday to Bali Thank Goodness

How awesome

Can you occassionaly think of us, and put the odd update on the forum of how life is and any challenges you find being a Bali local

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Last Holiday to Bali Thank Goodness

our001 of course I will keep in touch

Thanks for all the kinds wishes

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,500 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last Holiday to Bali Thank Goodness

Hi Lou

I hope your future life in Bali brings you all the happiness you dream of. BTW, there are lots of girls from Oz with smiles on their faces in Bali - I'm one of them.

Cheers

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last Holiday to Bali Thank Goodness

Hope you enjoy many many years of joy in your new home land, I'm very very jealous.

Twinks

PERTH
Level Contributor
1,249 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Last Holiday to Bali Thank Goodness

May the force be with you, good luck and god bless.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Last Holiday to Bali Thank Goodness

Oh sounds amazing ! Enjoy this new chapter of your life....

P.S. Mugshot Cafe in Legian , do the most beautiful - yummy iced chocolates , I don't drink coffee either

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Last Holiday to Bali Thank Goodness

chefJODS

Mugshot is just round the corner from where my villa is sweet will give it a go ill get back to you thanks