We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am getting a bit worried

Singapore
Level Contributor
89 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
I am getting a bit worried

I have been reading many postings on TA … and it seems like there isn’t much happenings or eateries at Jimbaran besides the expensive seafood.

Does it mean I have to travel to Kuta / Legian for meals besides eating in the hotel?

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: I am getting a bit worried

it depends how long you will spend the holiday in Jimbaran? there are at least three restaurants - non seafood around this area also another few toward to Bukit / Uluwatu.

western australia
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: I am getting a bit worried

Hi SHWL, there are other places to eat in Jimbaran other than the beach markets. Not as extensive as Seminyak. The eating places at Jimbaran Corner are all good, you will find Grocer & Grind & a couple of other places there. Also a little restaurant called 'Balique' was great & has a very interesting interior. You won't have trouble finding good food in Jimbaran.

Edited: 08 November 2012, 09:12
Singapore
Level Contributor
89 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I am getting a bit worried

Raimaster/mooWA

Many thanks for your reply.

Phew... good to hear there are other options of eateries. We are in Bali for 4 nights and considering it is a short stay we dont think it is feasible to do two stay at different places.

mooWA are the places your mentioned walking distance from Intercon Bali?

the Kimberley, West...
Level Contributor
817 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: I am getting a bit worried

Jimbaran has some great food carts, particularly outside the market. The food is fresh, very tasty and very cheap.

western australia
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: I am getting a bit worried

Hi SHWL,

Yes both walking distance, Jimbaran Corner is just up the road from the Intercontinental (10 minutes depending on how hungry you are and how hot it is) -out the front entrance and turn right and Balique is virtually across the road- a little to the left. The restaurant review section on TA is worth a look at also. Have a great holiday :-)

Edited: 09 November 2012, 02:29
6. Re: I am getting a bit worried

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 November 2012, 18:05
Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I am getting a bit worried

Hi SWHL,

I don't think Jimbaran is expensive at all.

For around Rp.125.000/person you can get a set menu of around 350 gr. of grilled fish + squids + clamps + prawns with 3- 4 kind of sambals and ALL YOU CAN EAT for rice + potatoes + vegies then fresh fruit platter + mineral water/soft drink and at some places they also give soup + peanuts too.

Even you can just buy a 800 gr. of fish for up to 4 person without other sea food and the restaurant will still generously give you the supply of the rice + potatoes + vegies + sambals which already included in the price of the fish, which depends on the market price, lately is around Rp.75.000 up to Rp.100.000/kilo. Where else can you find a plate of rice + 200 gr of grilled fish + potatoes + vegies + fresh fruit platter for Rp.25.000/person?

8. Re: I am getting a bit worried

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2013, 10:17