We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Learn to surf

Level Contributor
53 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Learn to surf

I am a 28 year old female that will be traveling alone. I have backpacked se asia and central america with a boyfriend before so this is my first solo trip. I am looking to set up somewhere and learn to surf. I do not need fancy accommodation just clean and safe. I am wondering if there is anywhere in Bali that would be a good spot to do this so any info or reccommendations would be highly appreciated thanks :)

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Learn to surf

there are haeps of learn to surf schools along kuta legian beach. this is better for beginners due to sandy bottom of the ocean.

other surf breaks have learn to surf schools as well though the two below are very low key and a rocky botom to the ocean.:

balian

medewi

balian as mentioned, is a small village with reasonable surf with cheap to expensive accommodation and a number of small restaurant and a night eating market in town. i stay at ayu's which is about 100 000 to 150 000 per night with breakfast.

2. Re: Learn to surf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2013, 10:16