We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How private are the villas?

singapore
Level Contributor
67 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
How private are the villas?

Hihi

Could any of u kind souls out there enlighten me on how private the villas are? Especially for full service villas, how do we tell the service staff that we do not wish to be disturbed? Can we skinny dip in the pools? Do service staff only appear when they are called or how exactly does it work? Will we see the butler/chambermaid bustling round the villa as we are in the bedroom, using the pool etc?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How private are the villas?

Hi count123, as private as the master wants it to be. You are the one paying, so you lay down the rules, just like in your own home.

Do you skinny dip in your house pools?

By the way, which villa have you selected.

The Bale is quite secluded. Bale is Indonesian for pavillion. The Bale in Nusa Dua has 17 pavillions and each with pool, private veranda, bathroom and shower hidden in its own secluded scented garden.

For this, expect to pay USD480/nite

Bali
Level Contributor
535 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How private are the villas?

Hi count123, depends on the villas you're choosing. Some villas even with high walls all around but have the second floor, so you can see what your next door's doing from upstairs v.v.

If you don't want to be disturbed, just inform the reception that you'll phone when you need the butler to serve your meals or when you need the linen to get changed, otherwise you want 100% privacy, it's as simple as that.

singapore
Level Contributor
67 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How private are the villas?

Hi mKiaratravel and Ersano

A huge "THANK YOU" for answering my many silly questions!

Asked abt privacy cos we heard horror stories of butlers peeping at the residents of their own villa! And cos it will be our honeymoon, we hope for privacy and alone time ;)

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How private are the villas?

Hi,

Don't worry. It's very private.

You can tell the staff that you don't wnt to be disturbed, but they normally won't disturb you, They usually come in the mornings, when you go out, to tidy the villa, change towels, etc. and usually won't come in again unless you ask them for something.

It depends on which villa your'e staying in, but you can skinny dip in most of them (90+% of them). As Ersano mentioned, there are also some 2 storey villas where it mayn't be possible to skinny dip because people can peep over, etc, etc. but most of the villas you're interested in are single storey. BTW, Sunset Hill doesn't have a private pool.

;-)

singapore
Level Contributor
67 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How private are the villas?

Hi Jade

U mean Sunset does not have a private pool? Even its honeymoon suite?

Cos we tot their honeymoon suite had an infinity pool. The owners described their honeymoon suite as follows:

"yes we have beautiful maharani suite available for november 2006

mahahari suite is level with invinity pool big room 12X12m with 1 big terrace close to the pool and another private terrace in the jungle, bath tub facing the jungle, big shower, and full of art and romantic.... my husband christian (france) design this room special for honeymooner"

U mean this infinity pool is not a private pool?

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How private are the villas?

Hello!

No, I think she (the lady made a mistake) with her English. If the honeymoon suite is THE one that I'm talking about, then they don't have a private pool. I didn't see any private pools at Sunset Hill (or we would have definitely stayed there).

The suite opens out to the pool (which is what she probaby means by "is level with the infinity pool"), and I think she means that the room is 12 x 12m, not the pool. Am sending you the photos this afternoon. Arghs! lack of punctuation can be very misleading! Plus different cultures use different words for the same thing, so that makes it even more complicated.

Also, at that kind of price, it's definitely not a private pool. There aren't that many private one bedroom villas in Ubud. The private ones (i.e. one villa on its own) usually come with a few bedrooms.

The last time I went, I stayed at Villa Awang Awang. It has 4 bedrooms, but you can try asking them if they'll lock up the rooms and charge you less...

I enquired about this last year but was told no, then this year, I was told that they could do that....business hasn't been very good. :-(