We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I enjoy in Bali?

Singapore
5 posts
Save Topic
How do I enjoy in Bali?

Hi everyone,

I am trying to plan a short vacation for two...probably for 4 days?

I havent been to Bali before, but it's my birthday so I am hoping to have a good time at Bali with my boyfriend!

I am curious to know how do I get around Bali, especially the beaches where I can see the lovely scenery & do yoga :)

Lastly, what is the estimated budget to cover Bali for 2 persons? Excluding air tickets.

Thank you for the time & effort in helping me! Appreciate it!

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do I enjoy in Bali?

the beaches are within walking distance if staying on coast.

to see sights, when you get there go to the various travel agents to see what is on offer.

you can get around by taxi or hire car/bike or hire car/driver or walk

budget - that can vary (depending on the accommodation you take. i usually budget for $150aud per day for two people. that seems to cover everything in the long run.

there are a lot of fly/stay package deals. this might suit you better for a four day stay.

have a good time!

Singapore
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How do I enjoy in Bali?

Thank you for your advises!

Cheers

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,331 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do I enjoy in Bali?

Hi Mouna - going from A to B in south Bali, I would generally get a taxi. They are cheap and plentiful in Bali. Look for the Bluebird taxis, these are metered and generally have a good reputation.

If you want to do more of a tour, then hiring a driver is a better idea. There is a Recommended Drivers list on the right hand side of the Bali forum page; these are drivers that have been tried and tested by regular TA forum community members as opposed to the "one post wonders" who just pop up, rave about a driver (typically that they're friendly, have good English, and are kind to small children and animals) then you never see them again, which is all a little suspect.

If you base yourself in a beach resort, as rock says you're generally walking distance to beaches. Inland, Ubud is popular with the yoga set, and has it's own beautiful natural scenery, rice fields etc.

The beach resorts tend to each have their own "personality", so if you need help with recommendations, just come back to us with an idea of what you're looking for and I'm sure we can make some suggestions.

4. Re: How do I enjoy in Bali?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2012, 10:40
South Hampton
Level Contributor
60 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do I enjoy in Bali?

Here is how I would do Bali for a short trip

Stay at hotel on Jimbaran Bay

Dine at night along restaurant row on beach front

Take bike ride from Batur mountain through village where you interact with villagers-Pretty cool!

Go white water rafting

Go down in submarine off Indian Ocean

I used Bali Sobek tour company-they were excellent!

Go shopping in Kuta

I guarantee you will love it all:-)

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How do I enjoy in Bali?

Hi, you can try this place, www.innertempleretreat.com 4/5day mini retreats by the beach....you can arrange day trips from there..its close to Seminyak.....the other is to stay at yoga guest house in the Bukit and see the temple and enjoy amazing beaches there. :0)

7. Re: How do I enjoy in Bali?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 18:17