We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When is off season/quiet season in Bali ???

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
416 posts
19 reviews
12 helpful votes
When is off season/quiet season in Bali ???

Hi All

the last time I went to bali was about 15 years ago. I would like to go again but was wondering when is the quiet time/off season. Also thinking of staying 1 week at Legian area so were out of Kuta but walking distance to everything and 1 week at candi dasa. Any comments on Candidasa ?? thought it would be quieter but are there still shops/restuarants you can walk to ???

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
13,202 posts
55 reviews
84 helpful votes
1. Re: When is off season/quiet season in Bali ???

Probably February to the end of June and the end of September to just before Xmas would be the off season. Unfortunately it does not necessarily mean the off season for airfares.

One week in Legian sounds good and I would make that the second week so you are closer to the airport and you can also do your shopping without lugging it to Candidasa.

Candidasa is much quieter than Legian but you still have a few nice restaurants. I could not stay one week in Candidasa but that is just me. It is too quiet.

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
363 posts
55 reviews
50 helpful votes
2. Re: When is off season/quiet season in Bali ???

we went a couple of years age in the first week of december and it was really quiet

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,427 posts
198 reviews
87 helpful votes
3. Re: When is off season/quiet season in Bali ???

I was there in march this year and found it the quietest I have ever experienced.

Just keep. Nyepi day in mind if you go in March.

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
Level Contributor
4,523 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
4. Re: When is off season/quiet season in Bali ???

I would say February and March, then maybe May. if you are looking for peace and quiet, then Candi Dasa is a great place to go.

Good snorkelling, lovely restaurants and not too may tourists. It's also a good place to base yourself for day trips.

Legian, Indonesia
Level Contributor
394 posts
56 reviews
32 helpful votes
5. Re: When is off season/quiet season in Bali ???

I'm in Sanur at the moment and it's very quiet, the restaurants are almost empty, sports bars are pretty busy, might have something to do with the cricket though!! Never seen so many taxis and bemos parked across the road from the Hyatt.

stonie

p.s sitting in a restaurant now, there's more staff than people in here.!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
416 posts
19 reviews
12 helpful votes
6. Re: When is off season/quiet season in Bali ???

Thank-you everyone for all your advice. Thinking now that we might stay couple days in Ubud, couple days in Candi Dasa and then head for Legian.

I have been going every year to Thailand but I thought we might try Bali next yyear.

san francisco
2 posts
7. Re: When is off season/quiet season in Bali ???

Is it boring there in the off season? I hate being the only people in a restaurant, or things are closed for the off season. Is that the case in bali?

san francisco
2 posts
8. Re: When is off season/quiet season in Bali ???

Is it boring there in October and NOvember. IN towns like Ubud?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
192 posts
37 reviews
55 helpful votes
9. Re: When is off season/quiet season in Bali ???

Bali is NEVER boring!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
129 posts
32 reviews
28 helpful votes
10. Re: When is off season/quiet season in Bali ???

Outside school holidays is quieter, Bali is great all year round!

Candidasa, Ubud then Legian will give you a good mix of areas.

Weather wise September/October are great as is April and May my preferences usually dry and warm.

© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of in . If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.