We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heading to Bali for 2 weeks where to go?

Bendigo, Australia
12 posts
Save Topic
Heading to Bali for 2 weeks where to go?

Hi some friedns and I are heading to Bali for 2 weeks and just wondering if this is a good plan for places to stay;

Kuta - 2nights

Lembongan island -4 nights

Ubud - 4 nights

Kuta- 4 nights

We want to do everything! Relax, shop, eat, drink, swim, snorkle, see culture.

Thanks for any input!

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heading to Bali for 2 weeks where to go?

I wouldn't stay at Lembongan for 4 its, i actually prefer Amed or Candi Dasa for a peaceful rest and for snorkelling.

If you want a very busy touristy party seen , Kuta will fit the bill, otherwise good food and shopping is in Seminyak and Sanur.

Try this for a plan

3 nts Kuta,, shop, look around, not terribly cultured , but some nightlife and markets for you to check out.

4 nts Ubud,, can also do much from here including white water rafting, buggy rides, temples , rice terraces etc

3 nts Amed or Candi Dasa, reall chill out time and good snorkelling. No hustle and bustle of Kuta.

4 nts Seminyak , Legian or even Canggu if you don't want to much that is hectic.. Great shopping , great restaurants, good beach culture.

How much can you spend on accommodation?

Edited: 04 December 2012, 08:14
Bendigo, Australia
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Heading to Bali for 2 weeks where to go?

Thanks for this linda52.

I don't know much about Amed or Candi Dasa- how do you get to them? Can you snorkle off the beach or do you need to get a boat?

We are now thinking Legian instead of Kuta- want more massage, shopping and eating then 'partying'.

Hmm well one of the girls doesn't want to spend $100 a night- so less than that each!

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
527 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heading to Bali for 2 weeks where to go?

Both Amed and CandiDasa you can snorkel straight from the beach, although another alternative is to hire a boat and try a little further along the coast.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
419 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Heading to Bali for 2 weeks where to go?

Have few place i would like to recommend you to go.

1. Pura Tanah Lot

Built above the rocks in the middle of the beach, one of the best place to watch sunset in Bali .

2.Taman Ujung Karangasem

This park is located in the east of Bali Island, precisely in Amalpura, Karangasem. Very Beautiful park

3. Desa Tenganan

You can meet the natives of Bali, this is the place. In addition to the unique location, Tenganan also famous for its ikat fabrics

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
538 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heading to Bali for 2 weeks where to go?

I agree with Lynda and would not spend more then 2 nights on Nusa Lembongan. Great snorkelling but very quiet and not a lot to do otherwise. I love Legian so would include there. If it were me I would go 2 nights Sanur, across to Nusa Lembongan for 2 nights, up to Ubud for 3 nights(can do a lot using here as a base), three nights in Amed & then finish with 4 in Legian(or there abouts if I have used too many nights). In saying that I personally would not move around that much as once I get to Bali I go into Bali mode & don't like to exert myself too much so would probably only move twice in 2 weeks so I can still relax and enjoy the bintangs. Packing & unpacking can be tiresome

6. Re: Heading to Bali for 2 weeks where to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 December 2012, 03:05
7. Re: Heading to Bali for 2 weeks where to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 20:17