We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mum wanna do rafting, but what about the kid?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
180 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Mum wanna do rafting, but what about the kid?

Hi all,

Mum here with an active 4y.o daughter going to travel to Bali in Feb. Mum would really really like to go rafting, but not sure what to do with the little one that day, as she won't be able to go along. Any advice,please?

Should I base myself in Kuta/ Legian area, and enroll her in one of the kids club for as long as the rafting tour take? or is it better to stay in Ubud (closer to the rafting area) and hire a nanny for the whole time? hmm..is it safe to do that?

please help..

cheers

Owis

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
14,194 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mum wanna do rafting, but what about the kid?

Hi,

Have a look at Cheeky Monkeys day care in Sanur. A lot of the expats kids go there.They have a website. I think this area is better for you with a 4 year old as it's quieter, the traffic is much better and you hardly get hassled compared to the Kuta area. You can go for walks along the boardwalk where she will probably find other children to play with. It's also closer to where you will go white water rafting. They will pick you up. From memory it takes about 5-6 hours from pick up to drop off. Well worth doing. You'll have a fantastic time.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
180 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mum wanna do rafting, but what about the kid?

hi Freogal ! thanks so much for your quick reply and advice. I checked the website mentioned. Looked good to me, but they don't have any info about the cost and hour per hour programme/schedule. Do you know if they take casual members and if lunch will be provided?

I liked the fact that they are popular with the locals and expats which means there will always be kids around. We are going to bali after the school hol finishes, so i was a bit worried that my child won' t have any other kids to play with if i use hotel's kids club.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
14,194 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mum wanna do rafting, but what about the kid?

Sorry, I can't give you any more information about it. We've never actually used them. We usually stay near by the day care centre and see happy little faces coming and going as we walk by. Maybe you could phone or email them.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
180 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mum wanna do rafting, but what about the kid?

no worries, i will contact them myself. thanks heaps for letting me know about them. might be just the perfect solution to my dilemma ;)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
14,194 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mum wanna do rafting, but what about the kid?

I hope so. Good luck.

Australia
Level Contributor
349 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mum wanna do rafting, but what about the kid?

There is a new Cheeky Monkey daycare at the New Beachwalk Bali shopping centre in Kuta/legian right next door to the New Sheraton hotel.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
180 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mum wanna do rafting, but what about the kid?

hi Wildfig, thanks!

yeah I came accross their FB page. Will also email them to see if it's better alternative to the one in Sanur.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mum wanna do rafting, but what about the kid?

you may want to consider taking her with you. our girls joined us at about the same age. not really that rough and water was shallow. hardest part is the walk in at the beginning and out at the end. steep and slippery.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
14,194 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mum wanna do rafting, but what about the kid?

I'm pretty sure most of the companies won't take children under 5. If you end up having to walk up hundreds of steps at the end that could be a bit of a trial for her.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mum wanna do rafting, but what about the kid?

too bad as she would probabl yhave love it but there is always next year and the next etc.

time to do lots of fun things together.