We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Womens clothing

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Womens clothing

We are staying in Seminyak (leaving next week). Can anybody tell me if we can buy the same sort of fashion over in Bali as we can over here in Australia? For example, crochet tops that are now on trend over here for the teenage girls, can we get them somewhere in Bali? Also, which is the best dressmaker close to Seminyak that can sew from a picture, any ideas?

Mentioned in this post
Seminyak
Seminyak
Kuta District, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,800 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Womens clothing

There is a lady in poppies lane 1 that crochets. Everything in the shop is crocheted.

Yes you can also get them elsewhere.

There is a tailor top of Legian in three brothers lane called Brisbane tailor, pretty good.

There are many though and almost all will sew from a picture

Bali has a mix of market shops and boutique shops.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
707 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Womens clothing

YES!

Jalan Laksmana (aka Jalan Oberoi and Jalan Kayu Aya) – upmarket boutiques line this street. I spend hours and hours along here until the heat is too much. My favourites - Shakuhachi, Magali Pascal, The Prisoners of St Petersburg, State of Georgia, Corner Store (which stocks a mix of Balis best designers), Joy silver jewellery, Zuitton, Uma & Leopold, Lulu Yasmine, Lili Jean, Drifter, Mister Zimi & Benson, and Mist.

You will need a few days to properly see the whole strip. Start from corner store and head down towards Seminyak Square at the Ku De Ta end and you will find some great pieces. I get the taxi driver to drop me off where I had left the day before. The prices are fixed, so no need for bargaining.

Also try the main street in Seminyak. If you start at Bintang Supermarket then head back in the Seminyak direction you will find some nice pieces. My favourites are Something, lost in paradise, ebony eve, Mist and flamingo.

Mentioned in this post
The Oberoi Bali
The Oberoi Bali
1,781 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
Seminyak Square
Seminyak Square
611 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
KU DE TA
KU DE TA
8,908 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
Seminyak
Seminyak
Kuta District, Indonesia
Bintang Supermarket Seminyak
Bintang Supermarket...
670 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
The Seminyak Beach...
2,224 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
3. Re: Womens clothing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 08:17