We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just curious do most people on this site

Melbourne
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Just curious do most people on this site

Just curious do most of you book through sites like agoda, booking.com, Asia rooms etc or do you book directly with the hotels itself? Is it cheaper to book with hotels directly ? Thanks Roz

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just curious do most people on this site

i usually book with hotels direct as i tend to stay at the same places so they know me, but i do get prices as well from asia rooms and booking.com and compare prices. have used asia rooms once and they were very good.

Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
254 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just curious do most people on this site

We usually book direct with hotels, will only use booking sites if really necessary. The hotels will answer any queries you might have before you book where you haven't got that option with the other sites.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just curious do most people on this site

Roz,for me it depends on the hotel,villa or resort.

I can get a very good rate at one particular hotel via sending them an e mail,however for any other bookings i have been using bookings.com or even wotif.com.It depends on who is offering the better rates.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just curious do most people on this site

I always do a search on a number of booking sites and the hotel. As TLM stated it will depend on the property. Sometimes airlines will also offer good deals such as stay 1week, get 1 free.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,021 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just curious do most people on this site

For me it's always direct with the hotels.

I'm sure sometimes you could get better prices with Asiarooms or Agoda but I prefer to deal with them directly.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,698 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just curious do most people on this site

I try them all, get prices and then go to my T/A and 9 times out of 10 they match them. Saves all the hassles.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Just curious do most people on this site

thanks everyone :)

8. Re: Just curious do most people on this site

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 00:15