We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from airport to Ubud

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from airport to Ubud

Hi,

Has anyone used this taxi service?

http://www.ubudtaxi.com/

I was wondering whether to book a taxi with them as they are based in Ubud or just get one upon arrival at the airport? Their rates are about the same as the fixed price cabs at the airport.

Thanks in advance.

Maroochydore...
Level Contributor
59 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from airport to Ubud

I would suggest a driver... I can give you details of a quiet Ubud based chap. new car and fully licenced. It cost us about 20000000 IDR (20Aus) but there were 5 of us. Also meant that he was waiting at the gate with cold drinks etc. He knows Ubud well to find your accommodation.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from airport to Ubud

Is that 20 million IDR? Or just two zeroes too many? The cabs at the airport cost 200,000 IDR.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,106 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from airport to Ubud

Lucy would have meant 200,000rupiah, roughly equal to 20AUD's.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,564 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from airport to Ubud

All those zeros can be confusing. Have you contacted your hotel to see how much they charge for a pickup?

Maitland, Australia
Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from airport to Ubud

I don't know anything about PT. Ubud Taxi but there cars look a lot better than the taxi you would get from the airport for the same price

Maroochydore...
Level Contributor
59 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from airport to Ubud

Sorry way too many 0! Looking at cabs and private drivers I would prefer the driver and car... Sorry at least we can tell people are paying attention!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,136 posts
1,403 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from airport to Ubud

As mentioned above have you contacted your hotel to see whether they have a driver ??

We just used a taxi from the airport & haggled a price of around $20AUD to get to Ubud.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
107 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from airport to Ubud

lucylookx3

"I can give you details of a quiet Ubud based chap. new car and fully licenced. It cost us about 20000000 IDR (20Aus)"

can you send me those details?

Im going in March and staying at Komanenka Monkey Forest, but didnt feel like paying the $50-60 they charge for their airport transfer

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from airport to Ubud

We did this transfer last October. The resort we were staying in wanted AUD40++ , I was able to organise a private driver for 200,000rp - lovely air con car and cold water for the trip, better than a taxi for around the same price.

perth
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi from airport to Ubud

Hi Lucyloo,Thanks for your help,we are off to Ubud later this year and would love the name of your driver,as we need transport to Ubud from the airport.Regards Mark Perth WA