We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lembongan Island - Mainski Resort...good or bad???

Perth
Level Contributor
301 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Lembongan Island - Mainski Resort...good or bad???

Planning on a couple of nights on Lembongan next month. Mainski caught my eye because of its location and cheap price however some of the reviews are pretty severe. Has anyone stayed recently that can give me an insight?? I am used to budget accommodation...pretty easy to please (cockroaches/mice optional) but prefer no bed bugs and not too noisy at night (clean pool would be nice!)...any tips much appreciated!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lembongan Island - Mainski Resort...good or bad???

Deb, how much is it a night? A friend has just opened Tigerlillys on Lembongan - haven't seen it or stayed there but she's a great girl and it looks pretty good. Their website is pretty basic at the moment but they have facebook page with lots of photos.

the Kimberley, West...
Level Contributor
817 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Lembongan Island - Mainski Resort...good or bad???

Mainski is very noisy. It's mostly a place for surfers and parties. There are many much better places to stay on Lembongan.

Perth
Level Contributor
301 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lembongan Island - Mainski Resort...good or bad???

Can you recommend some chickchilli? And I will look up Tigerlillys VReynolds...

darwin
Level Contributor
119 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lembongan Island - Mainski Resort...good or bad???

Hi there I stayed at Mainski a couple of weeks ago and thought it was slack. Tidy, clean, very pleasant staff yes a clean pool and on the water yes. I paid $75pn for the one room with whisper quiet, barely puffing, so called air conditioning. TigerLilys on the other hand (these people really got it right) had the nicest sweetest picture perfect setup you could imagine, I cant remember their prices but the only reason I didnt book on our return to Lem after christmas was I didnt want the responsibilty of my kids trashing any part of it. Oh, and because I found Wahyu homestay, icey a.c, nice clean pool, 12-14ft ceilings, poolside rooms and only $15pn for two people, (so I booked both the poolside rooms and the one at the top of the tower (teenagers escape for 10 nights) therefore I could 'supervise' kids swimming, as early as they liked from my bed. Offer $6-7 per day for scooters or $10pd for two :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
188 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lembongan Island - Mainski Resort...good or bad???

Try "Bungalo No7"

http://www.bungalo-no7.com/index_home.html

Ask for Alex he will help you with all your needs.

We (family of 6) stayed there in Oct12 for 4 nights and could not speak more highly of the location and staff.

It would be i think around the same price as Mainski but in a better position and the pool is only 2 months old.

If you speak to Alex tell him Troy and Michelle sent you and to give you a good price.

Thanks

Troy

The restaurant is fine for breakfasts but there are as good or better close by for lunch and dinners.

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,480 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lembongan Island - Mainski Resort...good or bad???

.....I did'nt want the responsibilty of my kids trashing any part of it...... LOL bec, you really are a breath of fresh air on the forum and I hope you stick around for a while.

Perth
Level Contributor
328 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lembongan Island - Mainski Resort...good or bad???

We just came back from Lembongan a couple of weeks ago. Stayed at a place called Twin Island Villas which overlooks the bridge to Nusa Ceningan. Owned and run by an Aussie/kiwi lady called Kim who is absolutely lovely!

Although they are a little isolated, all villas come with free use of scooters and mobile phones with numbers for all the staff! They cost about $80-90 per night including breakfast :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lembongan Island - Mainski Resort...good or bad???

Mainski, overpriced and underwhelmed. Stay elsewhere.

Kate

Sydney
Level Contributor
429 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lembongan Island - Mainski Resort...good or bad???

I have also stayed at twin island resort and will be returning in may. It is a little isolated, high up on the island but has a lovely outlook. they do provide you with a free scooter during your stay. Can highly recommend. Plenty of good reviews on TA and they also have a Facebook page you could look at.

Edited: 08 January 2013, 09:09
Perth
Level Contributor
301 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lembongan Island - Mainski Resort...good or bad???

Thanks for all your tips guys!

Have booked at Bungalo No 7 (thanks Troy). It is in my budget (Rp200,000....so cheap!) and seems to be in a good location.

Only two weeks to go!!