We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending Money in bali

Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Spending Money in bali

Hello

trying to work out how much i think i will need i am 25 year old female going to bali for 14 days... ill be doing your normal tourist things and of course the nightlife. shopping.. what time of spending would people suggest? :-)

Perth
Level Contributor
825 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending Money in bali

Hi Darc and welcome to the forum!

A lot of people budget around $100 per day per person but it can all depend on what you like to do. i travel with my hubby and teenage daughter and do like to shop a lot, more so at the boutiques than markets. We like to eat at the cheaper restaraunts and only one of us drinks. We do a lot of tours and we spend about $300 to $400 a day.Somedays if we stay by the pool we spend hardly anything. This should give you a rough idea but if you take too much you can always bring it back home.It may be good idea to take a credit card as back up.

Have a great time and enjoy your holiday :)

Melbourne
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending Money in bali

Really depends on the amount of tours you want to do as that is the most expensive thing. Waterbomb park $25 - $30 and safari park up to $100 depending on what package you choose plus tours to UBud and more.

Food wise shouldn't cost more than $20 - $30 a day including drinks. As the previous person menitoned also depends on where you want to shop. If jsut in the makrets an street stores I agree $100 a day should see you living comfortably.

Enjoy :)

Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending Money in bali

Hello

Oh perfect thank you for your help, def giving me a better idea of what others are doing, i have made a budget of about $150 a day so looks like that will be perfect

Thank you for your help

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spending Money in bali

Cocktails can get expensive. $10 or more.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,915 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spending Money in bali

A $100 a day should be plenty.so if you your budget is $150 then I think you will come back with lots of change.

Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spending Money in bali

Thank you for your help

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
20,138 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spending Money in bali

Just my two cents worth. UrbanJungle commented about the price of cocktails. Yes, they can be financially expensive but they can also be very costly indeed to your health, so it's probably wise to stick to beer and wine to be on the safe side. Lots of talk on the forum and in the media at the moment about the ingredients in cocktails being of uncertain origin.

Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spending Money in bali

I have been reading that about the cocktails in the news it def is something to really think about over there now

Newcastle
Level Contributor
583 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Spending Money in bali

Be careful what you drink but if eating and drinking in respectable places you should have no problem. Call me old and a worry wort but I do have concerns about a lot of the clubs and there drinks but if you keep alert you will be fine. I think about $150 should be fine over 14 days as some days you may spend none when others are a shopping spree LOL

Enjoy your holiday

Cheers Ian

10. Re: Spending Money in bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2013, 19:12