We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Legian near Jayakarta

Melbourne
Level Contributor
840 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in Legian near Jayakarta

Hi just trying to decide where I should stay next trip. Have always stayed Jayakarta or Ksunadi. Happy with both of those just wondering if there are similar places in that area that I have overlooked? Need to be able to get to beach easily. For place like Jayakarta I wouldn't want to spend more than $120 or for the small quiet places like Kusnadi about $75. Important is buffet breakfast, lots of shadey spots to read, plenty of pool lounges and not over run by kids. I always read the reviews and Jbr and then book same old every time. Lol. Am I onto a good thing or is there a gem I've missed.

Perth
Level Contributor
818 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Legian near Jayakarta

The Jayakarta is nice isn't it, stayed there last Jan. How about the Kumala Pantai, Puri Raja, Maharta.The Ramada Camakila might be just out of your budget but you could get a deal off of expedia,booking.com etc depending on what time of year you went.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Legian near Jayakarta

Definitely have a look at Kumala Pantai. The rooms in low season are around $85 per night. There are two huge pools with plenty of lounges and lots of nice shady spots too. Buffet breakfast is great and you can sit and eat at tables over looking the ocean.

Email any inquiries with them direct and it's best to book early as it does get booked a year in advance.

http://www.kumalapantai.com/#!/hotel-in-legian

Here is a link to my blog from our June July trip last year with lots of photo's if you want to have a scroll through.

…blogspot.com.au/2012/07/the-flight-arriving…

Maroochydore...
Level Contributor
607 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Legian near Jayakarta

What about Sari Beach Hotel? Has anybody stayed there? It looks nice on the website.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
840 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Legian near Jayakarta

Thanks for those suggestions will give them a closer look b

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in Legian near Jayakarta

The Sari Beach is nice, but the rooms are very basic and if you like good cable tv and buffet breakfasts you won't get it here. The pool is very small and the place is popular with those who like quiet and solitude. NO screaming kids here. I still think for great spacious grounds, pools etc you can't beat the Jayakarta , great beach front location and price. There may be families but it is possible to escape them because of the variety of pool lounge areas.

If you go for the KP melbcowgirl, I recommend you ask for the old section. It is less likely to have kids and I like the pool area better there.

If you want to have a nice quiet garden pool area to relax and read, do have a look at the Pearl Hotel.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
807 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in Legian near Jayakarta

I too would suggest the Ramada Camakilla. Right next door to the jayakarta and also has direct beach access. We stayed at the jayakarta last trip and even tho we only paid $55 a nite we didn't like it much at all!

We checked out the ramada whilst there and then booked it for our March trip.

Depending on when you trip is, wotif.com have it as the mystery hotel at the moment for $110 a night (it was even cheaper last week at about $94 a night).

www.wotif.com/hotel/View…

South Australian...
Level Contributor
742 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel in Legian near Jayakarta

Sari beach is not a place I would recommend to amyone. We found them yo be very unfriendly.

South Australian...
Level Contributor
742 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel in Legian near Jayakarta

Ha ha.Linda. I just read your posting. I have managed to get a bit of the old belly so totally grounded today.

your response was a good one.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
115 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel in Legian near Jayakarta

The real gem you have missed Linda is the Three Brothers Hotel which has recently undergone major renovations to the pool and the restaurant. The last time I stayed there I had a stunning room for $68US per night. Clean, minimalist decor and icy air-condition. Perfect location in the same street, Padma Utara as all the others mentioned above. Traditional architecture, as Balinese owners, and spectacular gardens. Check it out!

10. Re: Hotel in Legian near Jayakarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2014, 07:18