We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended Driver List

Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Recommended Driver List

Dears,

Sorry for my crazy question; but I'm searching through forums and almost everyone recommend hiring a driver instead of make a deal with tour agencies and all you mentioned there is a recommended driver list.

I'm looking forward to find this list.

would you please someone share the link to me, I couldn't find it :-(

Many Thanks,

Navid

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,872 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended Driver List

Hi n - there is no longer a recommended driver list. However I'm sure that some members will post with their recommendations for you.

Edited: 13 January 2013, 17:15
Level Contributor
188 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended Driver List

I used Sila's Bali Tours which is listed under Denpasar attractions. SBT used to be on the now defunct list. Sila has a website too. Modern new spotless airconditioned spacious comfortable vehicles with polite reliable friendly and expert drivers.

300 000 idr 6 hours

450 000 idr 10 hours

Booking with Sila is really easy, it can all be done by email in a day or by phone or text if you prefer. And because there are several drivers he wasn't booked out when we requested a car and driver at short notice.

Queensland
Level Contributor
525 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended Driver List

you could try Made Sukarma

http://www.balidiscoveryexperience.com/

He will not take you where you do not want to go, he will give suggestions and you make the decisions on where to go and what to see

He is a licenced guide and his vehicle is registered for tours and insured as well, a lot of the drivers do not have this list of registrations

He was on the trip advisor recommended drivers list....a list that was created by the administrators only of a few drivers who have proven themselves to be trustworthy.

List was removed due to some nasty personal attacks to the caretaker of the list.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended Driver List

These are drivers that I have personally used numerous times and can attest to their honesty and reliability. This list is in no order of preference but alphabetical.

DEAN - "Drivers with Distinction"

Email: bali-dean@dps.centrin.net.id Ph: +62818344807

http://distinctiontours.blogspot.com

http://www.baliwithdean.blogspot.com

FREDY Driver With Distinction Team Member

Ph: +6281 7475 3585 http://discovering-bali.blogspot.com

LEO –

Putu Artanaya(LEO) – Based in Lovina, Please ring +6281805395889

email address: putu_artanaya@hotmail.com

NORMAN Drivers with Distinction Team Member

e-mail : baliwithnorman1974@yahoo.com

Mobile : +62 8123 944 265 www.normanbali.blogspot.com

TOYA WAYAN

His phone number is +62 81 2395 0487. Email: toyabalitour@yahoo.com

WAYAN LIA

PHONE: +628155 8008 212

http://wayanlia.blogspot.com/

For Airport Transfers:

MADE LINGGIH –

Phone: 081 338 497 612. Email: imadelinggih@yahoo.com

Australia
Level Contributor
349 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommended Driver List

Hi could some one please recommend a driver that is capable of taking 6 adults 2 kids under 7 and one infant,so all up 8 people.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommended Driver List

A couple of weeks before our trip, we booked a one-day tour of the environs outside of Ubud with Norman of Drivers of Distinction, creating a cusomized itinerary. I had asked for Dean and he was not available on that day, but Norman was. I read up on Norman's reviews and was satisfied that he'd be right for us. I confirmed our tour with Norman by email the night before.

The morning of our tour, there was, indeed a Drivers of Distinction car waiting for us at our hotel. No Norman, though. According to his replacement, a very genteel older man, Norman had partied too much the night before and was unable to make it. Real professional, eh?

Our replacement driver (I believe his name was Kassar) was nice enough, but he didn't have the exuberance and sense of humour we'd read that Norman supposedly possesses. Worst of all, he had no idea of the itinerary we'd planned.

We managed to sort work this out, but we ended up doing a lot of driving and seeing very little -- mostly touristy places, which is what I'd specifically told Norman I didn't want. And what I'd hoped most out of this day did not materialize. I'd wanted to witness a ceremony in a presently used Hindu temple, but Kassar never took us to one. When we did finally visit a modern-day temple, we were told that "foreigners" were not allowed in. A total falsehood; I've read that, properly dressed with the sarongs that Drivers of Distinction were supposed to have provided, we could enter a temple and witness a ceremony.

A cannot recommend Drivers of Distinction because of this messed-up day.

Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommended Driver List

Dear All,

Many Thanks for your kind recommendations and helping me to choose the reliable driver.

8. Re: Recommended Driver List

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 October 2013, 03:05
hongkong
Level Contributor
63 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommended Driver List

A pity the drivers list has been removed, as I wanted to list the driver we had in Sanur and Ubud.

Bali Scuba in Sanur sent Leo (Komag Sarjana) in his very clean comfortable car to drop us off at our hotel in Ubud, after our dive safari. We found Leo to be a very careful, courteous good driver, quiet but friendly and ready to share his local knowledge (and world news as we had not read a newspaper for days). A good thing too that we decided to use him for our sightseeing trips from Ubud. He helped us plan our trips in order to avoid spending hours stuck in heavy traffic. We were very happy to have found Leo as the only negatives of our Bali trip were taxi drivers in Sanur and the hotel transport in Ubud. We are thinking of going back to Sanur later this year and will be emailing Leo well in advance to make sure we have reliable and safe transport on what I'm sure will be a great holiday. If you wish to contact Leo, he is based in Sanur and his contact details are +62 81 337 884 464 and email leorosess@hotmail.com

Happy holidays

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
161 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommended Driver List

I also highly recommend Sila. I have used Sila's services on each of my trips to Bali and have booked him again for my upcoming 10 day trip starting later this week. He speaks good english is very honest, reliable, trustworthy, friendly with a great sense of humour and above all a safe driver. He has a team of drivers working for him so even if he isn't available he will let you know who your driver will be. He has new vehicles with aircon and are kept very clean. He also has a larger vehicle to carry up to 12 pax I think.

His contact details are:

Email: baliwithsila@yahoo.com

Facebook: Sila's Bali Tours

Blog: http://funwithsila.blogspot.com.au/

Good luck with finding the right driver for you and enjoy Bali