We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just a little SAD

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Just a little SAD

On the 24th May ,for the fourth year in a row we are off!!!! BUT......NO Bali.This year it's Vietnam,Cambodia,Laos and Thailand for 10 weeks.Feels wrong especially as we found heaven at Amed last year!!!!BUT last year we spent more in Bali in 2 weeks than our other 6 weeks combined.In Bali max accomodation was $40 a night (Little Pond Sanur,Idas at Candi Dasa,Blue Star at Amed And Bali Subak at Legian)....LOVE LOVE LOVE Amed.....but sadly no Bali fix this year!!!!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
14,194 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just a little SAD

I know how you feel emuplains. We're off to Vietnam & Cambodia in Feb and didn't know when we'd be going to Bali again. Was feeling a bit sad about that so I found a solution. Air Asia sale ! We're now going to Bali in November so we will get there this year again. Very happy.

Kalgoorlie-Boulder...
Level Contributor
81 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just a little SAD

It might not be that bad. We went to Vietnam and thailand (20 days) in June/July 2012 and managed to to get reasonable airfares and cheap accommodation in Bali from 20th Dec 2012 for 12 nights as a spur of the moment holiday! Could really only find accommodation in Sanur and having never been we thought why not? Loved Sanur!! Felt a bit guilty getting two holidays in, in one year but take every opportunity as they come! Enjoy your holiday - Vietnam is amazing! Oh and keep an eye out for specials to Bali towards the end of the year - you never know!!!

Sue

Newcastle
Level Contributor
288 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just a little SAD

Isn't it funny, I'm just the opposite, been to Vietnam 3 times & decided we needed to have a change so we are off to Lombok. Now I'm very excited about going there but a side trip to Vietnam on the way home would be perfect!!

Thank goodness for cheap airfares. You will have a great time in Vietnaml, it is nothing like Bali ( been twice) it's a bit more of a challenge but its a great adventure.

Have fun

ColVal

Darwin
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just a little SAD

Interesting. I'm going to Bali in a few days for the first time and have felt a bit sad that I'm not going back to Vietnam instead!! LOL

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just a little SAD

I know how you feel.

Last year I spent a month visiting Prague, Venice and Paris with a stopover in Bali on the way home but I really wanted to go back to Cambodia...

I'm sure you going to enjoy your holiday anyway - it sounds amazing! :-)

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just a little SAD

It is always good to explore and you are lucky you can do this, happy travels.

Adelaide S.A.
Level Contributor
933 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just a little SAD

We are going back to KL, Penang and Bali next year only because we could not get a good deal back to Vietnam. I am yet to meet some-one who has not enjoyed their holday to Vietnam. I like Bali but love Vietnam. Don't be sad, Enjoy.

Darwin
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just a little SAD

Love Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand...not so with Penang. Like Bali due to closeness to D town.

Lou

Darwin
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just a little SAD

Gee I just looked at that 'Little Pond' which you mentioned and it looks great. Lou

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
14,194 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just a little SAD

I'm not sad at all. I'm so excited to be going to new countries but it will be really different to going to Bali where we are so familiar with a lot of things. Hence all the research. I just want to go NOW !