We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin Check In Baggage Change

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,356 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Virgin Check In Baggage Change

I just tried to add one extra bag to my booking Brisbane to Denpasar but message says you cannot do it online at this time, you have to call the customer centre.

Finally got through and was told that the checked baggage allowance has been changed once again and that for short haul is as follows..

Saver Lite - no complimentary baggage

Saver - 1 x 23 kg complimentary bag

Flexi - 1 x 23 kg complimentary bag

Premium Economy / Business - 2 x 32 complimentary bags

Good news is that we get our 1 x 23 kg baggage allowance back but bad news is that if you have already paid for your baggage as per old rules, you don't get a refund.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
321 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin Check In Baggage Change

I was looking the other day and noticed the new terms. With Saver Lite you are unable to purchase on line and must pay the higher rate at the baggage counter. Would be interested to know how much they charge when you book the cheap fares.

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin Check In Baggage Change

How do I add a bag on my return trip in 11 days time? Online or phone Virgin Bali?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Virgin Check In Baggage Change

Recently booked flights to Bali from Perth and was unable to book luggage online with Saver Lite fair. When I was researching flights a few days before the cost was $30 per bag per person per leg and when I finally made our booking the cost to go with saver fair was also an extra $30 per person per leg.

So took this option rather than risk a much higher charge at check in, at least we knew what we were up for.

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Virgin Check In Baggage Change

I rang Virgin and the online baggage booking service may be working in 5 days or so....but may not. I was given a number to call from outside Aus if the site was not working in time- +61 732 9522 96.

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Virgin Check In Baggage Change

Hi evetslee

I was just told that you cannot buy luggage allowance for saver lite, at all.

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,356 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Virgin Check In Baggage Change

You can buy luggage allowance for saver lite but not online. You have to buy it at check-in counter at a higher price.

Remember Greg, you are entitled to one comlimentary bag of 23 kilo. You may not have to pay for an extra baggage allowance.

When I asked why I was'nt getting a refund on the bags I paid for already, she said that I was welcome to take an extra bag at no cost but not get a refund.

I would double check that you have to pay for an extra bag.

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Virgin Check In Baggage Change

That's good to know Fame, if we do require an extra bag, I can haggle with them for a free one as I have already paid for one complimentary bag. But no big deal if I have to pay extra, as long as I can arrange it prior to getting to the Airport.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Virgin Check In Baggage Change

Just rang Virgin to get itinerary emailed. After system change I noticed a new booking number. Now a real dilemma, with the changes in allowance and no refunds of prepaid baggage already purchased , we have 46 kilos each each way to use up!! What do I do??!!

Would love to be able to actually use some of it going over. Any suggestions? Going from Adelaide in May.

Yarrawonga...
Level Contributor
492 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Virgin Check In Baggage Change

Take over some second hand clothes for a village or an orphanage. You can contact an orphanage and see if they need anything. I find that the orphanages get plenty so I like to give it to one of our Balinese friends or give it to a village. When we went in November I took 30 kgs of clothes and shoes and gave to a Balinese friend.

Mandie_8

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Virgin Check In Baggage Change

I can just imagine trying to explain that your not overweight, that virgin in Australia said we can have double cause we paid for it ...... at Bali airport !!! they probably know nothing about it , make sure its in writing !