We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secluded Mountain Getaway

Texas
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Secluded Mountain Getaway

Hello,

My girlfriend and I will be traveling to Bali in March, and though most of the time will be on the beach we would like to spend a few nights inland. We have been looking at the Ubud area, but can find the "perfect accomodation" we are looking for.

We really want a completely private house / cottage/ or stand alone villa i.e. no other guest. On duty staff not needed as we would prefere complete privacy. We even want the option of skinny dipping :) so a pool is a must.

Finally we would like to keep the price below 200 per night...

Any advice?? Thnx

Mount Batur
Mountains, Volcanoes
Bali Eco Tours
Volcanoes, Caverns & Caves, Hiking Trails, Mountains
Texas
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Secluded Mountain Getaway

FYI, I'm currently searching FlipKey and VRBO. So hoping to refine the search via specific houses / villas or learn another web site with more options.

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secluded Mountain Getaway

The perfect secluded mountain getaway , with private pool for total privacy (there is staff but they don't bother you at all) is

www.hillsideedenvillabali.com . It's 2 km from the road, via a narrow jungle road, that became unpassable the last 400 meters so we had to walk. It's half hour north of Ubud. Marvelous views of a deep gorge (the Ayung river), and 9 mountains in the back (Batukaru till the mountains east of the central lakes).

No airco needed. Perfect temperature inside and outside. Pool a bit cool , but it did not bother me. About 20 degrees if that does not bother you.

Quite good price : www.hillsideedenvillabali.com . I stayed 9 days .

Google: Flipkey Hillside Eden . My review is there ( www.flipkey.com ).

There are animal sounds all around but on the lowest level these will hardly be heard. But the beds are a bit too hard for me there on the lowest level beside the pool (one could ask for the upper beds matrass to be moved).

Edited: 29 January 2013, 17:50
The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secluded Mountain Getaway

Just to be more specific about the staff: the security guard, Ketut and his wife and child live just behind the villa, under the restaurant (just for guests). Every day he brought me breakfast and dinner at the agreed time. The rest of the time I did not see him at all so he is quite aware that guests want privacy. He calls on the cell phone I got from him to announce his coming and then I unlocked the door for him and that was it. At the end I paid just 40 $ for 9 breakfasts and dinners !!. FOURTY !

Very good kitchen, very good sound system and large TV with 300 DVDs.

2 normal baths and one big one (on lowest level), 1 rainfall shower.

Bring own drinks and special foods yourselves as there's nothing nearby and he has just beer and sodas in the bar. Very small shops near house though but they don't have much. They have 5 neighbours with dogs, roosters and pigs. On lowest level one hears only the crickets from the gorge as this is under the road level.

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secluded Mountain Getaway

Another very secluded getaway but not in the mountains (but 2 km from the beach) is www.sahajasawah.com , where you can have a big villa with pool to yourselves. Very private. You have riceterrace view, but the riceterrace workers won't notice you. Very nice resort, good restaurant, very nice staff, very good prices, in fact that cheapest private villa with pool on Bali. It is VERY remote, 1 1/2 hours from Ubud, 2 from airport, next to small village Tegal Mengkeb Kaja. My preference was villa Indah 3, but just a small pool, but next to a ravine. The bigger ones have 2 bedrooms, larger pool. No airco in living room though.

5. Re: Secluded Mountain Getaway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2014, 07:16