We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

9 full days in Bali is enough?

Pasadena, California
8 posts
Save Topic
9 full days in Bali is enough?

i like being active and relaxing as well when traveling... is 9 full days enough or will i be bored if i stay 2 more days?

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 9 full days in Bali is enough?

I stayed a month and many people stay so long and often come back.

Bali can get very addicting. There is SOOOO much to do and see. Lots of people never left and bought or built houses.

I guess you'd have to have an interest in the culture, otherwise you may think all temples look alike.

It's not for nothing the most popular island in the world (or second place, depending on what publication) and quite cheap, except some tourist hotspots like Bali Zoo and Bali Bird park that cost 25 Dollars.

cocomoco
Level Contributor
244 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 9 full days in Bali is enough?

I could easily spend 9 days plus 2 days in Bali without being bored. 11 days gives you plenty of time to explore whole of Bali while enjoying it completely too.

It depends on what you want to do. You should move around when you are there and for instance spend a couple of days in Ubud where you can walk in the ricefields, go on a cycling tour, join a cooking class, wander through town, enjoy the food, go for a spa, visit the nearby temples etc.

From there on you can for instance head to to East Bali and spend a couple of nights in Candidasa, Padangbai or Amed and explore that area which has great cultural sights or go hiking. There are great beaches there too such as Pasir Putih and the three beaches at Padangbai.

Or you can go to North Bali via Munduk or Sidemen area for some easy going hiking and great mountain landscapes and from there on visit Lovina beach where you can relax, see dolphins, go to the hotsprings or go snorkeling at Menjangan island (one of the best snorkeling sites).

Another option is to relax at the south Bali beaches such as Balangan beach, Uluwatu beach or Padang Padang. For really white sanded beaches and a ultra tropical feel you can also head to Lombok for a couple of days.

So as you can tell I can go on and on all the things you can do in 9 or 11 days in Bali. Bali might seem small but it is very diverse and you'll have a different experience whenever you stay at an other place. You can check out http://www.bali-travel-life.com to see what each village has to offer and where you want to go.

good luck and have fun in Bali!

Pasadena, California
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 9 full days in Bali is enough?

thank you for your feedback! :)

4. Re: 9 full days in Bali is enough?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2014, 06:15