We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it worth getting a driver for the whole day?

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
279 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Is it worth getting a driver for the whole day?

We (4 ladies) are planning to go to the Elephant Park in Taro and then spend the rest of the day in Ubud. Is it a waste to get a driver to take us to both or should we get the free transfer from the hotel to Taro and then hire a driver to collect us from Elephant Park? How long does the drive from Legian to Taro take? Would three hours at the Elephant Park be enough?

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
279 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it worth getting a driver for the whole day?

bump

Kuta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
552 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it worth getting a driver for the whole day?

Hi, I would hire a driver for the day you should pay around 400 to 500,000 for the day so around $10 aud each. The driver will wait for you, much better than a crowded shuttle bus. Also with traffic you will spend a lot of time in the car.

Enjoy your trip! Regards Dingodog.

3. Re: Is it worth getting a driver for the whole day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 February 2013, 20:05
Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,824 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it worth getting a driver for the whole day?

I agree, I would hire a driver and you can then do things at your pace.

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it worth getting a driver for the whole day?

I had a driver for 12 of my 24 days and was very glad as the heat alone would kill me if I had not the big comfort of an aircondioned car at any time of day I want, as soon as I want. Bali is such a paradise, in that it is so cheap to have a driver at your back and call.

My driver was always Made Sumartana, 46 years old, good English, University degree (last year). madesumartana@yahoo.com

6. Re: Is it worth getting a driver for the whole day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2014, 05:17