We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jetstar - upgrade to business class at check in

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
110 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
jetstar - upgrade to business class at check in

hello friends , just wondering if anyone has had expierence with upgrading there economy ticket to business at the time of check in for the flight back to Australia , I'm thinking of spoiling myself on return flight and I've heard that if there is room in the front of the plane they do the upgrade at a discounted price. Thank you for any comments

Nowra, Australia
Level Contributor
427 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jetstar - upgrade to business class at check in

Very rarely if ever have I seen empty seats in BC on the way home..generally they are sold off at a discount by the sales team if there are alot vacant. We have taken up the option over the phone when they have called us... Usually before departing Sydney. $199 pp. great value IMO for the extra baggage, comfort and little extras you get.

I would imagine they would try to fill the BC seats well before the departure date to make economy seats available earlier also.

Would be keen to hear if some one has upgraded at checkin ...have thought of doing that too at different times. :)

Cheers Lee

Edited: 09 February 2013, 02:32
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,734 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jetstar - upgrade to business class at check in

Yep,we do it all the time,be first in the service desk line as everyone wants to do this.200.00 pp

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,734 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jetstar - upgrade to business class at check in

Im sorry,i miss read,we use this option departing Sydney.We do not upgrade leaving Dps as we find it a waste as we just board then sleep.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
345 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jetstar - upgrade to business class at check in

I agree. Far better to do on way over. On way back poor food options and you sleep or try to. I guess you get the other advantages..seats etc. having said that I always do business class these days ..well on the cheaper airlines, can't afford the expenso ones. For me it's really worth it. for one, I can look forward to the flight rather than dreading it. How I started was with a 200 buck upgrade offer.....can't go back!! So be careful....

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
345 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: jetstar - upgrade to business class at check in

I agree. Far better to do on way over. On way back poor food options and you sleep or try to. I guess you get the other advantages..seats etc. having said that I always do business class these days ..well on the cheaper airlines, can't afford the expenso ones. For me it's really worth it. for one, I can look forward to the flight rather than dreading it. How I started was with a 200 buck upgrade offer.....can't go back!! So be careful....

Darwin
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: jetstar - upgrade to business class at check in

I agree with susie1611 once bitten you can't go back. Hubbie and I generally upgrade when travelling alone but when with the kids it is too expensive, and when you are all in a row together then it doesn't really matter if you are in bc or cattle - kids lying over you are kids lying over you. Lou

Sydney
Level Contributor
67 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: jetstar - upgrade to business class at check in

Exactly Susie ... we were talked into it by our travel agent as it was on special at the time ... but once you've tasted it you just can't go back ... btw, how nice is the Qantas lounge!

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
598 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: jetstar - upgrade to business class at check in

Our travel agent asked if we wanted to come back from Bali in BC for $600 each with Jetstar and since the seats don't lay down into a bed we said no thank you. Having never been to Bali before I have no idea how I will feel in economy since Jetstar lands around 11pm in Bali and was told all airlines depart Bali around midnight for Sydney. I hear what you say about upgrading going over but will listen to others on their thoughts.

9. Re: jetstar - upgrade to business class at check in

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2014, 05:15