We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hi everyone we are here in bali bliss!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
482 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Hi everyone we are here in bali bliss!

Arrived on Wednesday. 2 hours to get through voa line. Thought about Greg's comments regarding his time waiting and had to laugh. Weather has been amazing, hot humid but not a drop of rain. Have had TJs for dinner twice, the atmosphere there is tranquil and the food is delicious and the price is crazily low. Last night went to bloody sweat for satay very disappointing. Service was good but sauce horrible found out it came out of the bottle, tasted like gravy for a roast.

Staying at kuta lagoon, all the staff have been welcoming, attentive and are always smiling. Yesterday went and booked next feb for all of our family. I forgot to mention this holiday is just for husband and I for wedding anniversary. Next year have booked adi dharma hotel in a family room as kuta lagoon doesn't have family rooms.

Reading this back I can see I am not going to get a writing award, I should have prewar end you that I am not a great writer :) but I am so excited to be here I had to jump on and share. I will construct a proper jbr when I return!

Tonight I am hoping for some great Indian and have heard about queens. If anyone knows a good little Indian place, please share. Thanks everyone for all your tips, stories you have shared as your knowledge has helped me along the way!!!

Brisbane
Level Contributor
781 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hi everyone we are here in bali bliss!

well done

enjoy your trip lexxy

101bm

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,582 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hi everyone we are here in bali bliss!

Thanks Lex. Your writing is just fine, I appreciate that you've posted some of your experiences. I'm looking forward to your comments about the Indian food. I've only ever eaten Indian in Bali once before, at The Little India in Sanur. It was great. Hope your's is too.

Mentioned in this post
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hi everyone we are here in bali bliss!

Enjoy your holiday as a couple.We also love TJ's.

Cabarita Beach...
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hi everyone we are here in bali bliss!

Hi Lexxy,

Sounds like you are already in Bali mode. We also love TJ's - our first visit was back in '91 & we still enjoyed it 20 years later!

I second Little India in Sanur, sorry can't give any recommendations for Indian restaurants in Kuta.

Enjoy your trip & I look forward to hearing more.

Cheers, Nelly

Mentioned in this post
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hi everyone we are here in bali bliss!

Queens is great, just a little expensive but well worth it !!! We had to book last time as it gets busy

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,254 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hi everyone we are here in bali bliss!

Have a great time,,

Cheers Mac :>)))

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hi everyone we are here in bali bliss!

2 hours to get through airport, eek!

Thanks for checking in and sharing your excitement, happy anniversary and enjoy the rest of your trip :)!!

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
7,647 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hi everyone we are here in bali bliss!

Lucky you Lexxy, I wish I could only spend 2 hours in a queue.

Have a great time.

Greg

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
261 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hi everyone we are here in bali bliss!

Look forward to your JBR. Have a great time :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
315 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hi everyone we are here in bali bliss!

My sentiments exactly gabbyo - we arrive in three days (think I have written that about 10 times today - excitement is starting to really kick in!) so fingers crossed for shorter queues. Hope the rain is not waiting for us to arrive!

Lexxy nothing wrong with your writing but even if you could hardly put a sentence together the important thing is that you took the time to share and we appreciate it. Looking forward to updates.