We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not quite a HNR

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
315 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Not quite a HNR

We arrived on Tuesday night with a huge 'to do' list and full intentions of doing a HNR on a daily basis. You know one of those lovely useful detailed reports that get posted on this forum on a regular basis. Then i realised that those kind of reports take a great deal of dedication, energy and organisation.... all of which i am sadly lacking. All i can say to the people who post those reports is that you are amazing...

What I will try and provide is a bit of an overview from the perspective of a mum on her second visit to Bali and traveling with two daughters (17 & 20) on their first visit.

We got off to a great start arriving on Tuesday night 20mins ahead of schedule. We were through the airport and sitting with a welcome drink in hand at the Febris Hotel in Kuta within an hour of landing. We are enjoying the Febris, it is a good solid 3* choice with lovely staff. We have a quad room which is nice and big and situated at the rear so it is also nice and quiet. The pool is a good size but oh so disappointingly warm. We had lunch here today and the food was good. The breakfasts are also pretty good.

I had not been looking forward to Kuta but knew my 17 & 20 yr old daughters would enjoy it so booked for 4 nights. Surprisingly I am loving it too. It seems much more quiet than I had anticipated and even the beach ladies are not as persistent as I thought they would be.

We have walked a lot (Kuta to Legian along the beach for a beautiful sunset tonight), eaten a lot of great food, swam a lot, shopped a bit and today spent a fun day at Waterbomb Park. I also suprised myself by enjoying Waterbomb so much - we got there at 9am and again it was very quiet. Even by the afternoon there were no queues. I wasn't particularly brave but I did progress beyond 'the lazy river' and the girls enjoyed trying to terrify their mum.

It is hot but we have only had a few short rain showers at night. I am having difficulty adjusting my body clock and have been awake by 4am each morning. Consequently it is now just 10.45pm and I am ready for bed!

I am at the moment sitting in the lobby at the Febris, some live music has just finished and a gecko is just letting everyone know he's happy to be heard again. The resident squirrel is jumping among the trees and all is soooooo good in Bali land.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Febri's Hotel & Spa
Febri's Hotel & Spa
1,830 Reviews
Kuta, Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Gold Coast
Level Contributor
766 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Not quite a HNR

A great report. It's a sign of a great holiday if you don't have time to do a report every day. I certainly won't be committing to that for my trip but plan on doing a blog when I return. I'm looking forward to my trip with my teens, they will be newbies too.

Thanks for sharing.

:)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,852 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Not quite a HNR

Thanks for your check in,i love reading every ones blogs and reports however i never seem to find the time to do one myself whilst on holidays.

Sounds like you are having a lot of fun.

I have the same issues with my body clock and it seems to adjust right at the end of the holiday.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,805 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Not quite a HNR

Great report. I am also one that is amazed at the people that can do daily updates.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Not quite a HNR

Thank you for our update, your trip sounds like it is going really well and definitely sounds like you are having a lot of fun!

Is Bali what your girls expected, It does sound like they have easily adjusted though?

Continue to enjoy your time in bali :)

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,241 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Not quite a HNR

Sounds like a lovely trip so far...thank you for your update! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Not quite a HNR

I also love reading blogs thanks for sharing your experiences on here.

Have a wonderful time with your daughters!

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
807 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Not quite a HNR

Ahhhhh sounds like heaven! ANy little updates keep us all going till our next trip - so keep them coming when you get a chance please! Have a great time!

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
351 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Not quite a HNR

you have made my morning love to read a hnr during breakie

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Not quite a HNR

I thought your report was great.

I also do mine on my return.

I really try to jot a lot down each day as my memory is just shocking.

Have fun

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
548 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Not quite a HNR

Ahh it sounds so lovely. I am heading over in a week and I always intend to write HNR but as yet have never gotten around to it. This will be my 14th trip & I am going over with a friend(no hubby or kids) to arrange our wedding vowel renewal(15yrs) for May. We have 65 people coming over so I have a bit to do but I will endeavour to write reports! I am looking forward to just having me to worry about & intend on being pampered every day of my 6 days!

Thanks for the report, I love reading them!