We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gay beach

Lisbon
Level Contributor
121 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Gay beach

Hello

Does anyone know if the gay beach is the saem one near Calego massage or hás it changed location.Tks

Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
49 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gay beach

Never been to the gay beaches in Bali but try these sites:

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g294226-i7220-k…

http://www.baligayguide.com/

http://gayguidebali.weebly.com/

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,126 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gay beach

I hope I'm not out of order by asking. What would be the difference between a gay beach and any other sort of beach. I'm genuinely curious.

Perth, WA
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
5,027 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gay beach

Thinking about this Travelkat I would imagine it is a beach area that like minded people can chat to each other without upsetting someone who is not quite so like minded ? :-)

Maitland, Australia
Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gay beach

travelkat88.. by the looks of that link it is a bit more out there than what tazmo is suggesting. there is some cruising involved ..not that there is anything wrong with that..

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gay beach

map and directions here. Its called Cantina Beach. 500 meters north of where calego used to be.

http://www.baligayguide.com/bali-gay-beach/

Lisbon
Level Contributor
121 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gay beach

Tks guys. I´m quite familiar with the scene in Bali.My question arouse from a piece of info I read somewhere about Calego not open anymore.I was just wondering where have the boys moved to.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gay beach

The callego cafe and shaded area got bulldozed to make way for another big hotel. The boys moved about 300 meter north (the other side from the w hotel). Some pics of the new area at travelgayasia.com/bali-gay-bars-and-dance-cl…

Edited: 25 February 2013, 03:45
Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,126 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gay beach

Thanks for that info Tazmo. It's beyond me why anybody would get offended or upset about anybody chatting to anybody else on a beach. After all it's really nobody else's business and surely everyone on whichever beach would be there to enjoy the sun, sand and water rather than be busily peering about trying to pick or judge others.

Then again, I'm just a simple cat who believes in 'live and let live'.

Edited: 25 February 2013, 10:38
Perth
Level Contributor
680 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gay beach

I understood what you meant Travelkat.

That is, you wouldn't think to discriminate against someone who is gay, as it makes no difference.

I'm a live & let live person too 😍

Lisbon
Level Contributor
121 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gay beach

tks a lot leginlondon,that´s really all I wanted to know.Cheers