We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware Skygarden Scam!

sydney
Level Contributor
66 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Beware Skygarden Scam!

Just thought I would make people aware of a scam going on at Sky Garden night club.

Some not so nice locals are dropping small amounts of money from the upper floors,they then watch tourist pick the money up and put it in there pocket.They then demand that you repay them the 500 000 rupiah that you have just stolen from them.

It happened to me! i,asked for help from the bouncers and they just laughed at me. Im sure they are in on the scam! the exit was blocked until I payed up! Beware people!!

Adelaide
Level Contributor
847 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beware Skygarden Scam!

I agree this isn't good however everyone knows that bali is full of scams why why would you pick it up and expect that anyone would help you? I know i wouldn't pick it up

sydney
Level Contributor
66 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beware Skygarden Scam!

Well I actuallydidnt pick it up,it landed on me,i thought I did the right thing by handing to the bouncer.When they demanded the money back I asked the bouncer to hand back the money I had just given him, ,the bouncer denied i'd given him the money! Yes im aware of the scams in Bali,,just letting the people know,,,beware!

Adelaide
Level Contributor
847 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beware Skygarden Scam!

Fair enough I would have just keept walking but you did what you thought was right, I went there 2 weeks ago didn't like the bouncer at all was very rude when checking my bag put his hands inside it

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,480 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beware Skygarden Scam!

Just stay away from Skygarden- much easier to do than worry about dodgy staff!

Cheers

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
607 posts
413 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beware Skygarden Scam!

Best to just stay away from that whole entertainment strip period.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
847 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beware Skygarden Scam!

I agree stay away from sky garden I was warned by one of my friends who is a local Aussie she owns a bar in kuta went there ordered a scotch and said there's no way what was in her glass was scotch!! But as for avoiding the strip I don't agree engine room is great the staff and security are so nice and alot of fun! Also surfers bar is Also a great place

Mooloolaba...
Level Contributor
802 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Beware Skygarden Scam!

I went to SkyGarden once ... never again ... that place scares the C**P out of me, a maze of stairs and rooms all over the place (a disaster waiting to happen).

I liked Vi Ai Pai next door though (had a live band).

Edited: 02 March 2013, 06:48
Gold Coast
Level Contributor
763 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beware Skygarden Scam!

I agree with you Donna. I felt like a sardine in a four story tin can. I couldn't wait to get out of there. The thought of getting trapped in there was scary. Sorry to hear you were scammed PadangScotty, its not nice when that happens to anyone.

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
80 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beware Skygarden Scam!

Why go to Bali to go to a night club? You can do that anywhere in the western world. Being seen in those places only builds resentment amongst the locals as they know Westeners Have much more money than them to squander on alcohol etc. balis culture has been eroded by this neo westernization.

Go to Bali for its culture , food , and lovely people. But you'll have to get as far away as you can from that hideous Kuta legion semi yak strip.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
713 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beware Skygarden Scam!

Thanks for pointing out the error in people's ways Taj81. Please make it easier for us foolhardy westerners by posting up a list of acceptable activities in Bali.