We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking accommodation

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Booking accommodation

Hello, would you book accommodation for June/july before leaving or is it safe to book a couple nights and look from there?? Concidering it's peak time then...

Brighton, Australia
Level Contributor
267 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking accommodation

You will always get a bed but if you want a certain area or hotel or villa I would certainly book now as it is school holidays for Australia in July.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,549 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking accommodation

It depends if you have your heart set on a particular hotel - if you do I would pre-book. From my own research, July is getting booked up in some of the high-TA-rated hotels. If you just want a roof over your head and don't mind too much about anything else, you should be able to get something, although to me the thought of trailing around in the heat looking for somewhere would not be appealing. It depends on what sort of traveller you are though and whether you don't mind spending the time doing this.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking accommodation

Thanks guys, I'm looking at going for 6 to 8 weeks and will be on a budget so will be mostly 2 or 3 star thought I could spend the first week looking and booking. I'm wanting to head around Kuta,legian,Seminyak,Ubud and others spending a week in each and then 5star at the end.

jl_ck
Level Contributor
93 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking accommodation

Hi, most likely you will be ok, however I have only done this once, during Ramadan of all times and it was difficult although not impossible.

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking accommodation

Do give some serious consideration to booking, especially if you already know where you want to stay.

At least for the first week or so.

It depends on how the season is going but some years I have seen some quite exhausting quests for a bed, sometimes the person has ended up on a floor or a baruga somewhere.

All part of the adventure of travel I suppose, but still ... might be worth at least booking some of it in advance.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking accommodation

Thank you guys you have been a great help

7. Re: Booking accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2014, 07:18