We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NRL game -where to watch in Ubud?

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
807 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
NRL game -where to watch in Ubud?

Any idea where we willbe able to watch an nrl game on Saturday 23rd March. We will be staying near Ubud.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
807 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NRL game -where to watch in Ubud?

Anyone???

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
188 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NRL game -where to watch in Ubud?

Good luck with that. I was there in Ubud for the NRL GF and couldnt find anywhere to watch it.

Hope you have better luck then me.

Cheers

Troy

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
807 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NRL game -where to watch in Ubud?

Really? that sucks. Maybe we need to head to Sanur / Legian for the night then!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
188 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NRL game -where to watch in Ubud?

There was places everywhere in Kuta/Legian showing the NRL but nowhere to be found in Ubud.

Cheers

Troy

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
807 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NRL game -where to watch in Ubud?

Yeh we have never had a problem finding somwehere in Legian.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NRL game -where to watch in Ubud?

I have watched AFL games and motor racing at Lombong Cafe right hand side of road heading up Jalan Monkey Forest just before soccer field. They have a blackboard out front listing upcoming telecasts, so be best checking out in advance if you there before 23rd. Could also try Melting Pot pool hall left hand side on Jalan Hanoman heading towards Tegal Sari/ Greenfields hotels?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
726 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: NRL game -where to watch in Ubud?

I was in the same boat as troyboy for last year's GF. i was told that you can't pick up the setanta network in ubud. closest place was sanur. ended up listening on the abc app on my phone.

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
80 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NRL game -where to watch in Ubud?

I think Ubud is trying to hold onto its reputation of being Balinese. The way it has railed against western chain restaurants and the pubby scene of Kuta etc.

I'm sure there are a number of places in Kuta that cater for what you are looking for ..You are more likely to find a cecak dance or a Gamelon performance in Ubud and hopefully this won't change.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
807 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: NRL game -where to watch in Ubud?

Sorry to offend - only looking due to a family member playing in that particluar game - I'm not just a complete aussie bogan who can't go to Ubud without watching footy.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: NRL game -where to watch in Ubud?

Taj81 forgive me but u don't get much more western than Starbucks in ubud and last time I checked AFL is played in Australia and u can watch this at numerous places in Ubud. I think minniebrad was assuming that there would be somewhere to watch it and i too would like the answer as i love the NRL . I'm in my 50's and am not a pub bogan. Sorry to offend but watching sport doesn't make u a bogan