We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HNR with prices and details. Not as funny as Gregs

Melbourne
Level Contributor
836 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
HNR with prices and details. Not as funny as Gregs

We are mrs 32 and mr 48 on our 7th Bali holiday. Flight Jq35 out of Melbourne. Flight delayed about 25 minutes at take off due to having to change a tyre on the plane. Better now than later i guess. Hate Jetstar but it does mean a Bali holiday happens more often. $199 each way from Melbourne (plus luggage and entertainment). Visited Qantas club to fill up on food and drink, as being a Jetstar flight no food included. Lounge looks like it had cut back. Lots of salad and anti pasto type things, soup, rolls and rice cakes. Much more limited than usual. Anyhow ate up, grabbed some magazines and away we go. Seats 28 j & k (2, 4, 2) on this plane. Entertainment has been updated on some Jetstar planes. We had the tv screens in the seat backs. As we had prepaid for entertainment it is turned on and good to go, instead of having to wait like with the portable units. Very limited choices of tv shows and movies. There is a usb charge point in the seat back now too. Flight seemed to drag on, thought we must have been flying backwards. Funny to hear so many people be surprised and unbelieving of their travel companions when they are chatting about Neypi day in the long check in line. So many shocked husbands and much anxiety regarding if Bintang would still be available. Hehehe if only they were in the trip advisor they would already know this stuff! Mr quite happy playing video games the whole flight (well he is a very young 48)! Plane made up time and we landed as scheduled. I went and purchased Visas whilst husband lined up at immigration. I had found a heap of Rp at home before we left so paid for Visa with that 48000 for two, which is cheaper than the $27 Aud each or $25 USD that is sign posted. No line at immigration so Mr was letting people go ahead of him till I got there. 5 minute wait for our bags (why is mine always the last off the plane!) then out to get a cab. Whole thing took less than 10 minutes. So many people offering VIP or express as we walked towards VOA, never seen so many and given how quick it was to go through would have been a waste of money for us.

70k at taxi stand and away we go to the Hotel. Staying at Jayakarta (room rate $75 with breakfast through wotif.com) first 3 days then moving up the road to Kusnadi.

Love the drive from the airport and recognising familiar sites when you get closer. Checked in with no problems went to room 213 which is where we requested near the tennis court area, but found 2 single beds. Husband decided we should act like we like each other and sleep in the same bed, so rang the desk and the said they would move us to room 241, bags were still on trolley so away we go. Nice quiet garden room almost in line with reception block, still on tennis court side.

Now even though it is 2am in Melbourne husband is hungry and me I can always force my self to eat! Tried a few places on the beach path and everything was closing. Just when we thought it would be snacks from minimart from Tekor Bali was still cooking. Service was fast and friendly. I had chap cay chicken 35k and husband had grilled prawns 85k. Small Bintang and coke zero and all up 175k with tax. They have free wifi, complimentary bread. I checked to make sure there were no nuts in husbands meal as he is allergic). When I explained waitress laughed and said "your husband so easy to kill. 1 satay and (makes slicing throat gesture). Had a good chuckle. Then the drinks waitress brings us a bowl of nuts. Not sure if she was in on the joke or had no idea.

Back to room, can't sleep for ages. Rooms here are fine. No where as lovely as the hotel grounds and garden but nothing wrong with them. Towels could be whiter and bathroom could use a modernisation but clean, bed is comfy and staff so friendly.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
807 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HNR with prices and details. Not as funny as Gregs

Good to know about the Rupiah amount for VOA - i have a couple million rupiah left too so I might pay with that.....will save us like a whole $5 which is at least three bintangs right?!?

Perth
Level Contributor
433 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HNR with prices and details. Not as funny as Gregs

Thanks for the report - I got a laugh out of it.

Mr Melbcowgirl better watch out.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HNR with prices and details. Not as funny as Gregs

Thanks Melb.

We always stay around that area in Legian and really liked it. Glad to hear the tekor was ok. I just read a report that said it was the worst meal they had in Legian. Hope you continue to enjoy your trip, looking forward to your next HNR.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
479 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HNR with prices and details. Not as funny as Gregs

Greg does have a certain way with words! But I thoroughly enjoyed your JBR as well. Especially the part about nuts, satay and whether the waitress was in on the joke :D

Keep em coming!

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
344 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HNR with prices and details. Not as funny as Gregs

love the waitresses nut joke hope you have a great holiday, keep the hnr's coming

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
315 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HNR with prices and details. Not as funny as Gregs

Hi cowgirl...

Hope you have a great time.

Ok with me if your not as funny, hopefully that means what happens in the toilet stays in the toilet :0)

Thanks!

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HNR with prices and details. Not as funny as Gregs

Hi Cowgirl,

I'm enjoying your report .... so go for it and give Greg a run for the money.

Enjoy the rest of your hols.

Cheers Caro

Edited: 11 March 2013, 07:08
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,493 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HNR with prices and details. Not as funny as Gregs

A lovely first day, we really like Tekor and have a meal there nearly every time we go. I like it for lunch though as it is lovely to people watch from.

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
5,754 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: HNR with prices and details. Not as funny as Gregs

Great HNR Cowgirl, I also enjoyed the waitress with the peanuts and the cut throat......... it's good to know there is a female, Indonesian version of me out there! I will have to meet her. Looking forward to the next HNR.

Have fun!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
361 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: HNR with prices and details. Not as funny as Gregs

great read :)