We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

It's Nyepi Eve....

Perth
Level Contributor
680 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
It's Nyepi Eve....

Just a quick update as its Nyepi Eve.

We went for a wander down Legian st this morning, & saw some of the Ogoh Ogahs.

The details are amazing! We're heading to Legian st just 5 pm, as the the locals said the parade should be passing through around then.

We headed to Carrefore yesterday for a few supplies, & it was bedlam! Just like Xmas eve in the shops in Australia!

We have booked dinner at the hotel restaurant for tomorrow night, as despite being Nyepi, there are still quite a few people at the Puri Raja, & there are 10 of us.

My husband became quite unwell on Saturday night. He vomited a bit, & then he got one of those fevers where you can't stop shaking from the shivers. I had to double the blankets over, put any extra towels we had on him, & turn the air on off.

I got some panadol into him, then he began sweating profusely. We both had that scary feeling, is it the dreaded Dengue, but he has come good. I think he was suffering from heat stroke/dehydration, as he doesn't drink enough water.

I got him some of the orange "water" for dehydration, & had no trouble reminding him he must have fluids, not coca cola!

I have a bit of a head cold, first time either of us have been sick in Bali.

We've already been here a week tomorrow & done lots of relaxing, but not much else!

I must sign off as we are getting ready to head off for the parade, & we don't want to miss it!

Cheers - Wayvan

1. Re: It's Nyepi Eve....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 August 2013, 09:41
Melbourne
Level Contributor
840 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: It's Nyepi Eve....

Bintang market was packed too. Think the other Aussies think the island will run out of beer. Heading down to Jalan Legian to watch the parade soon!

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
807 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: It's Nyepi Eve....

Enjoy Nyepi eve and day! I hope there are still some Ogoh Ogoh around when we arrive next week!

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
6,097 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: It's Nyepi Eve....

Sounds like fun Wayvan, apart from hubby of course. I spose the positive side of Nyepi is having Nyepi eve! Enjoy the remaining 3 weeks you have left, cheers.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
611 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: It's Nyepi Eve....

What a wonderful experience.Wish i was there.Enjoy everyone!

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: It's Nyepi Eve....

Enjoy the parade bee were there last year and its a great afternoon.

Hopefully hubby will feel better tomorrow.

Maybe a nice quiet day is all he needs.

Enjoy

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
807 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: It's Nyepi Eve....

Ssshhhh everyone!! Hehe

Enjoy Nyepi!

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: It's Nyepi Eve....

Hi Wayvan. Hope you are both feeling better now. We enjoyed the parade in Sanur. Luckily it passed just outside our villa complex. As I watched the gorgeous little kids going past, I realised just how magical Bali is, and why it has taken such a hold on me. We still have another 10 days to go, but I have already started counting down until our next trip in September.

X Sandy

ally87
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: It's Nyepi Eve....

We were there last week (back home now) and we saw alot of ogoh ogoh's being prepared enjoy!

Mandurah WA
Level Contributor
161 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: It's Nyepi Eve....

Hi wayvan, hope you are both feeling better! We got home from Bali at 4am this morning, I think there must be a bug going around as my husband and a friend who was with us also have fevers & vomiting since yesterday. Not nice. Especially with the bedlam at the airport last night, I've never seen so many people there (lots of them going hungry too as all the fast food places closed early also!)

Enjoy the rest of your trip, I would have loved to stay for Nyepi, watching the Ogoh Ogoh statues being built over the past week was amazing