We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali for the first time!

3 posts
Save Topic
Bali for the first time!

Hi,

My partner and I are going to Bali for our first time on Wednesday 20th March. We are trying to get some information on drivers to have for some days and an approximate price.

Also I want to get some shoes replicated and dresses made and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where to go?

Thank you. :)

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,599 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali for the first time!

Not sure where you are staying.....but the list compiled by whinnie top right has drivers that we have all used for most areas.

The going price is 250 000rp 4 hour half day or 450 000 to 500 000rp 8 hour full day.

Adding 50 000rp on per hour if you go over.

Most of the drivers on whinnies list will give you the right price anyway.

I would advise you list each question separately....like tailor for dresses etc.

I would say Brisbane tailor in 3 brothers lane in Legian but I am not sure where you are.

You can also type dresses made or shoes made in the search box and read what threads come up.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
807 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali for the first time!

Hasn't the drivers list been deleted?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali for the first time!

yes drivers list has been removed.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali for the first time!

The drivers list is gone due to nasty people hassling. A driver goes for around 50,000RP /hr or 400,000 to 550,000/day.

We never bother about any particular driver anymore. Usually we get the place we are staying at to pick us up from the airport and get a driver off the street which we like for day trips. Heasp of people come up to you asking if you want a driver. If we like them we say yes.

Perth
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,599 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali for the first time!

Ohhhhh I haven't been here for a while.

Why has it been removed?

Ok well I guess you might now need to ask who each person uses...or do a search.

My driver is in lovina so I can't help, sorry.

Perth
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,599 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bali for the first time!

Just be aware tat some drivers off the street hassle you a lot for daily business.

Be firm about what YOU want and the price.

3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bali for the first time!

Thank you. All your information is very helpful.

8. Re: Bali for the first time!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2014, 04:17