We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ipad sim card

Melb. Australia
Level Contributor
385 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Ipad sim card

Can someone advise where you can buy a mini sim card for Ipad in Nusa Dua and how long they last for and cost if possible.

Are they normally readily available as seems to be some confusion in the Forum from what I can see.

We are staying for 6 weeks.

Beachmere, Australia
Destination Expert
for Ubud
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ipad sim card

I don't know anything about Nusa Dua in particular, but I would suggest that there are enough people using iPads in Bali now that it is easy to buy a SIM that will work in your iPad.

I paid 80,000 rupiah for 3GB Telkomsel SIM which lasts 30 days. The phone shop didn't have a mini SIM so the guy brought out his purpose-made tool which cut the SIM down to the required size. And, yes, it does work!

Telkomsel may not be the best card for you, but I will be travelling to more remote parts of Bali where that carrier is recommended.

Denpasar, Indonesia
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ipad sim card

i am agree with jan j comment, buy Telkomsel card at Grapari. Grapari located on 2 spots. One at central Denpasar, Diponegoro street. The other one at Mall Bali Galeria, Bypass Ngurah Rai street.

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ipad sim card

If you cannot obtain a suitable microSIM or nanoSIM then cutters are available to resize a standard SIM.

Make sure the device is not 'locked' to your home carrier, if it is then you need to unlock it using a code form your home carrier and iTunes.

Edited: 18 March 2013, 17:55
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,507 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ipad sim card

Hi guys, do you know where I can get a normal iPad sim in Legian and is there any particular carrier recommended?

Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,507 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ipad sim card

bump

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
171 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ipad sim card

I didn't find that I needed a SIM card in legion,

Most places had free wifi where we ate,

I rang home using FaceTime and viber...

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
47 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ipad sim card

Best carrier: TELKOMSEL

they have several purchasing spots called GRAPARI, just google it.

Or try to goggle "apple Bali" find the store at the mall and ask them to help you installing the sim card.

It may cist you some US$10-25.

But like the orevious post wifi hotspot can also be found in several places, especially at starbucks or dunkin donuts. :p

Normally wifi at the cafes is better than at the hotel hahahaha... Bali hotels give a lot of b***s**t services nowadays. Unless you stay at the really high class hotel. :)

Have a nice trip.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,507 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ipad sim card

Thanks all, we are staying at a villa with no wifi so wanted it for home use. I'll chase up Telkomsel.

9. Re: Ipad sim card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2014, 07:16