We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali belly..... Why won't you go away

Melbourne
Level Contributor
843 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Bali belly..... Why won't you go away

So been home 5 days after getting a case of Bali Belly on my last day. I'm still have trouble. Tried to eat very plain (rice , crackers, bananas) but as soon as I try and eat normally its like I'm back in Bali wishing I would die.

Done all the hydration, entrostop etc. any miracle cures or treatments.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali belly..... Why won't you go away

Your Doctor.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
843 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali belly..... Why won't you go away

Yeah I know, got an appointment on Monday? Trying to avoid an over the weekend call out or 24 hour place if I can avoid. More hoping for a food or chemist shop cute.

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
6,503 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali belly..... Why won't you go away

I had 6 days worth Cowgirl, one more day might see the end of it, so just sit it out, continue with the paperwork, and ring your Doc if concerned. Otherwise Youtube some soothing Johnny Cash.

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali belly..... Why won't you go away

How very unpleasant.

You had better wander off to a doctor and get them to delve into your inner workings to determine what thrives within if it endures too much longer.

If you develop a fever or any other 'extra' symptoms or ailments such as pronounced and nasty aches and pains then head off a bit quicker.

These things do normally run their course in a few days. Hopefully it will start clearing up tomorrow.

Keep up with the hydration and electrolytes.

Not a nice lingering bonus.

perth
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali belly..... Why won't you go away

24 hours of nothing but water, you cannot keep vomiting if theres nothing there.

if you just have the S**** then you might have a parasite, i would go to the doctor.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bali belly..... Why won't you go away

Don;t take any more entrostop or any other blockers. See another doctor rather than wait the weekend. If you are not keeping any liquids down you will dehydrate. Talk to your chemist at least for some gastrolyte.

Adelaide S.A.
Level Contributor
933 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bali belly..... Why won't you go away

Absolutely agree with the other posters. Seek help from a Medical Professional not a travel forum. Hope it all turns out well soon.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
843 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bali belly..... Why won't you go away

Thanks everyone. Hoping you are right Greg and this is last day of it. Havent listened to any Johnny Cash yet, but was playing kenny Roger's "the Gambler" whilst driving to work today. No vomiting any more just the other end. Stomache cramps and quality time in my bathroom. Not really dying, just sick of the toilet time and discomfort.

Kept on top of the hydrolyte throughout, so at least I'm doing right with that.

Wonthaggi, Australia
Level Contributor
901 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bali belly..... Why won't you go away

Oh no!! Don't take anything to stop it, better out than in! I was sick for 6 weeks after my first Bali trip.. There was nothing I could do but ride it out.

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
6,503 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bali belly..... Why won't you go away

Some Johnny for you......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It7107ELQvY

"The Gambler" I know where you are coming from, I lived on the edge also.