We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bringing dips into Bali

Melbourne
Level Contributor
487 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Bringing dips into Bali

I've just bought some snacks to bring with me. (dips, nuts, cheese, crackers, chocolate etc.)

My question is-Is a dip considered a liquid? I usually pack food into my handluggage, but unsure if my -smoked salmon dip will be considered a liquid or solid food. Learnt the hard way that yoghurt is classified as a liquid even though it looks reasonably solid to me.

gold coast
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bringing dips into Bali

Just declare the lot that way you will not be in the wrong .as for the smoked salmon dip I would not take it as it may go of and you may start your holliday with Bali belly . You can buy over there .kobrob

perth
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bringing dips into Bali

freeze the dip and pack it in your suitcase, nuts are like one tenth of the price in bali and many more flavours, so i would buy there. definately be considered a liquid at the melbourne end.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,300 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bringing dips into Bali

Hi 50 - A dip is a liquid. If it was solid you could not dip anything into it. The customs declaration form also requires you to declare any animal products.

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,356 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bringing dips into Bali

Do not pack the dip into your hand luggage, it will be considered a liquid. Put the cheese, dips, chocolate into a soft pack with an ice-brick and pack it into your checked in baggage. Declare you have food and you won't have any problems.

Brighton, Australia
Level Contributor
249 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bringing dips into Bali

Go to Carrefors or Pepito when you get to Bali and buy your snacks, much better choice and always fresh and always something different to try.

6. Re: Bringing dips into Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2014, 05:15